OTA's/Training Camp Thread

16 hours ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Already getting tired of media members only showing Baker/Trask misthrows. 

Oh no, a QB threw a bad pass in a voluntary OTA in May. Time to tear it all down like AZ!  

lol yea ik right

ooo mis throws to guys that might not even make the team, scary

On 5/31/2023 at 9:59 AM, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

lol yea ik right

ooo mis throws to guys that might not even make the team, scary

Yep, new play book, new receivers, first week of OTA's now second. Missed timings are bound to happen. 

The QB competition is basically a non story right now. this will drag into atleast week 2 of the preseason where each will get a start in my opinion unless one clearly runs away with the job throughout all of training camp. OTAs are the time to get out all the kinks and learn the playbook and build chemistry with Receivers. 

• 2 weeks later...

“And then the shots and the plays, and you just see guys like Chris [Godwin] and Mike [Evans] and how they are open. Mike comes to the sideline saying, ‘Man, I ain’t really been this open like this in a minute!’ It feels good. It’s been great – just happiness. It’s been fun.”

- Rachaad White on the offense lol

• Like 2

The Tampa Bay Times reports the Bucs have had extension talks with WR Mike Evans this offseason.

“Mike loves Tampa,” Evans’ agent told the Times. “I know the feeling is mutual. His production is the best of all the guys out there. I’ve got to think they would like to lock him up.” Evans, a four-time Pro Bowler with nine straight 1,000 yard seasons, is the NFL's 17th highest paid receiver with a $16.5 million salary and is making less than Bucs' WR2 Chris Godwin ($20M) on his current deal. Backloading an extension with Evans would create short-term cap relief for a Bucs team with the league's second-lowest cap space.

Bucs restructured FS Antoine Winfield's contract.

Tampa also restructured LT Tristan Wirfs, clearing $3 million in cap space. The Bucs went with a max restructure, adding void years and converting base salaries to signing bonuses. Winfield, a 2020 second-rounder, is in the final year of his rookie deal while Wirfs is signed through 2024 after the Bucs picked up his fifth-year option in April. Adding void years rather than extending Winfield leaves open the chance of the Pro Bowl safety hitting free agency next offseason.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2023 at 5:06 AM, kgarrett12486 said:
On 6/19/2023 at 5:06 AM, kgarrett12486 said:

Bucs restructured FS Antoine Winfield's contract.

Tampa also restructured LT Tristan Wirfs, clearing $3 million in cap space. The Bucs went with a max restructure, adding void years and converting base salaries to signing bonuses. Winfield, a 2020 second-rounder, is in the final year of his rookie deal while Wirfs is signed through 2024 after the Bucs picked up his fifth-year option in April. Adding void years rather than extending Winfield leaves open the chance of the Pro Bowl safety hitting free agency next offseason.

No chance Winfield hits FA, but maybe he'll be traded.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/21/2023 at 11:26 AM, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I seriously doubt AWJ will be going anywhere

yep. Wirfs and Winfield are keys to the future. At worst, Winfield will be tagged. Bucs have more time to get Wirfs locked up due to the 5th year option. The only way Winfield isn't back is if his play completely falls off a cliff. 

Its Devin White who won't be back in tampa next year

• 4 weeks later...

went to TC yesterday (Sunday)....

both QBs looked shaky

Trask missed some deep throws

Baker missed some short intermediate stuff and redzone throws as well

I know its the start of TC, but I sure hope they get dialed in or its going to be a long year haha

also seemed to be a lot more horizontal routes aimed at stretching the defenses in that way as opposed to vertically which is what our O used to be about

Tanner Taulia continues to stand out at least in T Shirt and shorts

Kade Warner had a nice deep seam catch too

Apparently Kancey hurt himself in individual drills 

Godwin had a really nice grab on a deep fly down the left side that got the crowd going 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Who is that? No one showed up in the search?

Thats my bad, spelled it wrong its Tanner Taula

dont know much about him, he's from Illinois State and is wearing #84 in practice

I've read that he had some nice grabs the first week of TC and then when I went myself, he had 2 nice catches

he may be one to watch in preseason

idk though, come to think of it we had Tanner Hudson as Mr. King of Preseason and he never amounted to much 

• Like 1