2023 Off-Season Thread: Lillard traded to Bucks!!! Jrue rerouted to Celtics!

11sanchez11

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I legit don't think arguing depth is the right way to make the argument that the Bucks are the best team.  But to each their own...

Make your case. It's an open conversation, not a pissing contest.

EDIT - NVM, I shouldn't be shocked that you missed the forest for the trees, it's what you do.

Edited by beekay414

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

There a better 10 in the NBA than

Lillard-Payne
Beauchamp-Beasley
Middleton-Connaughton
Giannis-Crowder
BroLo-Portis

Honest question.

i do think the bucks are the best team in the nba but beauchamp, beasley, crowder, and payne are all questionable. 

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Make your case. It's an open conversation, not a pissing contest.

EDIT - NVM, I shouldn't be shocked that you missed the forest for the trees, it's what you do.

Says he isn't going to make it personal.  And then proceeds to make it personal.  Never change beekay.

Milwaukee's got arguably the best 1-2 punch in the NBA.  I think there's a bigger gap between Murray and Lillard than there is between Jokic and Giannis.  Khridle Middleton is already 31 years old, and he's struggled with injuries as of late.  BroLo is 34 years but still a solid big man.  As long as age doesn't start to catch up for him, he's going to be a stalwart for them.

But it's the rest of the Bucks' roster that makes me question.  Beauchamp has proven absolutely nothing, and aside from being a former FRP hasn't really done anything to suggest he's at least an average starter.  Cameron Payne is a solid backup PG, but kind of a red flag when the depth void Suns trade him.  Malik Beasley fell out of the Lakers' rotation in the playoffs, which pretty much tells you enough about him.  When his shot isn't falling, he's a liability on the court.  Jae Crowder isn't what he once was, but he's still a solid depth guy.  Bobby Portis still isn't anything special.

Milwaukee is going to finish with a top 3 record in the NBA alongside Boston and Denver.  I just don't think they've got the depth to combat the fact that they're on the older side of the spectrum.  Short of some sort of major injury to Giannis or Dame, they're pretty much a shoe-in to make the EC Semi Finals.  And anything other than an NBA Finals appearance should be viewed as a disappointment.

• Like 2