Someone needs to be fired

rlon

Trading for a WR ahead of an expected poor WR draft class made sense,  and I don't think anyone was expecting that pick to be #32.  He's not done much but his 2022 was surrounded by asterisks.  It's silly to write him off or excuse him now.  About the only criticism I could level at the trade was that it was part of a plan that was incoherent at worst, or part of a messy pivot at best, when Poles started the season pretty much giving Fields a gift bag and a "good luck" for supporting cast, and then switched it up with the Claypool buy. 

Anyone coming downtown for NASCAR? Didn't think so!  I know a lot of people who live in or love CHicago, and a handful of people who like Nascar, but they are not together on a Venn diagram.  It took me 90 minutes to go from work to a project downtown on Thursday, and I left at FOUR THIRTY AM for what's normally 30mins.   We've got family and friends in the hotel business and they're all bitching about how this wasn't promoted as hotels are flat or down vs regular holiday weekend.  A ton of things are not just not expecting anything but flat closed for the weekend when they'd normally be busy.   The best thing you can say about this weekend is that it's a lesson to others in how not to choose and promote an event.  

1 hour ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Trading for a WR ahead of an expected poor WR draft class made sense,  and I don't think anyone was expecting that pick to be #32.  He's not done much but his 2022 was surrounded by asterisks.  It's silly to write him off or excuse him now.  About the only criticism I could level at the trade was that it was part of a plan that was incoherent at worst, or part of a messy pivot at best, when Poles started the season pretty much giving Fields a gift bag and a "good luck" for supporting cast, and then switched it up with the Claypool buy. 

Anyone coming downtown for NASCAR? Didn't think so!  I know a lot of people who live in or love CHicago, and a handful of people who like Nascar, but they are not together on a Venn diagram.  It took me 90 minutes to go from work to a project downtown on Thursday, and I left at FOUR THIRTY AM for what's normally 30mins.   We've got family and friends in the hotel business and they're all bitching about how this wasn't promoted as hotels are flat or down vs regular holiday weekend.  A ton of things are not just not expecting anything but flat closed for the weekend when they'd normally be busy.   The best thing you can say about this weekend is that it's a lesson to others in how not to choose and promote an event.  

Not promoted?  I feel like I’ve known this was coming on this weekend for like a year now.  And I’ve never watched or followed any sort of racing.

Just saying what the people who should've had some benefit from this are saying. Pretty sure you're in law, and the local boys are very very not pleased with being called back in for this one as well. 

I think it's fair to say it's not a great match for the city especially considering that it bumped the Taste and has been a colossal pain in the butt for the locals.  

2 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Just saying what the people who should've had some benefit from this are saying. Pretty sure you're in law, and the local boys are very very not pleased with being called back in for this one as well. 

I think it's fair to say it's not a great match for the city especially considering that it bumped the Taste and has been a colossal pain in the butt for the locals.  

I have no horse in this race, but if they were gonna do a road course in a city then a southern city seems more fitting for the NASCAR demo. Charlotte maybe? Or Atlanta? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Oh yeah i can only imagine.  Especially being on the heels of the Taylor swift concert, which i imagine was the same.  Even the fallout boy and Morgan wallen concerts at wrigley this last week probably cancelled a lot of days off for them.  

It’s kind of like the bears leaving the city is causing Chicago to go through a midlife crisis.  Oh you’re breaking up with me?  Whatever, i don’t need you.  I’m just gonna drive this really fast car!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I have no horse in this race, but if they were gonna do a road course in a city then a southern city seems more fitting for the NASCAR demo. Charlotte maybe? Or Atlanta? 

I think the idea is to expand the fan base into areas where it is not.  

And also bring in tourists from outside to spend money.

Will it work? I don’t know. Some. Probably not to extent they expect. Not in one shot anyway.