Week 14: VIKINGS (10-2) at Panthers (8-4)

swede700

I have to say that was one that slipped away . . . and it happened just as major momentum was building in the Vikes favor.   When did I think the Vikes lost it?  Right after that interception by Sendejo . . . had he or the offense scored a TD, the Vikes would've been up by 4.  I think the D would've been relentless at that point -- I'm not saying they would've prevented Carolina from scoring.  But that field goal to tie was a let-down versus having a 4-point lead.

At that point, I wonder if the D tried too hard and -- poof -- Cam was flyin'.

The game accentuates a couple things --- 1st, as mentioned, Elflein's play is worthy of Rookie of the Year.

2nd -- in big games like this, being -2 in the turnover margin cripples a team . . . terribly.

3rd -- the droppsies.   I attribute that to Jim Nantz as the broadcaster . . . he has a propensity to bring up cool facts, twist them, and then fate is sewn for the Vikes . . . "hey, Kyle Rudolph is the only Player in the NFL to catch every single target thrown to him this year."  "Hey, the Vikings have only 5 drops all year." . . . HEY JIM -- SHUT UP!  You're jinxing the SKOL . . . >:(

Archived