Week 14: VIKINGS (10-2) at Panthers (8-4)

swede700

1 minute ago, Klomp said:

Pretty sure we can still clinch with a win next week against a team that just got blown out at home by the Bears.

Yeah, I get it, the Sky isn’t falling. I just didn’t want to ARod back and playing again this year. I guess I’m a tad bit worried about losing the #1. The #1 seed gives us a clear and direct path to the SB. And like everyone else on this board, I want the SB title so badly. 

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

There were a lot of positives to take from this game. I’m not worried.

You can’t win them all. Hopefully this game refocuses them and they go on another 8 game winning streak. But asking the team to win 15 in a row was a tall order. 

7 games with a bye but we'll take 8. :D

Three plays were really the difference in this game:

-Stewart run
-Newton run
-Keenum's fumble

This team is built on not allowing big plays on defense and not turning the ball over. That was 17 of their 31 points right there (fumble put them in FG range). Those two TD drives were 42% of their yards (144) on just 8 plays.

The other two TD drives went 14-89 and 10-75. Yeah those sucked too, but rarely does a team get that sort of sustained drive against the defense.

3 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Three plays were really the difference in this game:

-Stewart run
-Newton run
-Keenum's fumble

This team is built on not allowing big plays on defense and not turning the ball over. That was 17 of their 31 points right there (fumble put them in FG range). Those two TD drives were 42% of their yards (144) on just 8 plays.

The other two TD drives went 14-89 and 10-75. Yeah those sucked too, but rarely does a team get that sort of sustained drive against the defense.

For me it was the drop by Thielen (the first time) and the poor throw by Keenum to Diggs. 

While the 3 plays you pointed out were uncharacteristic of our team, they were very good plays made by the Panthers. You cannot say the same about the others. The Panthers did not defend those plays, they didn’t do anything to cause the incompletions, poor plays on our part were the reasons. 

With those two plays, we go into halftime with all of the momentum, and the lead. And making the other play would have also given us the lead with roughly 3 minutes to go, completely changing the game. 

Just now, y*so*blu said:

I really thought we were better than the Panthers. Oh, well ... :(

Hopefully it will give the team something to learn from and motivate them to finish strong.

We were minus 2 starting OL today. With a healthy line I think we beat them 8/10 times. Any given Sunday. Even Brady, Moss, & Belichick couldn't go undefeated.

Archived