2023 FIBA World Cup

11sanchez11

https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/38378132/sources-lebron-james-stephen-curry-interested-team-usa

There is robust interest from NBA superstars, including past gold-medal winners LeBron James and Anthony Davis, to join USA Basketball for the 2024 Paris Games, with Stephen Curry also pondering an Olympic debut, sources told ESPN on Monday.

Curry has expressed an interest to play for Steve Kerr, his Golden State Warriors coach, sources told ESPN.

Several players who were part of the 2021 gold-medal-winning team in Tokyo who didn't play this summer, including Jayson Tatum, Devin Booker and two-time gold medalist Draymond Green, are also candidates to return, sources told ESPN.

1 hour ago, catcheryea said:

yessir we just watched brunson, reaves, and haliburton get cooked by dennis schroder and they want to bring dame and kyrie as the backups to steph

that'll teach em grant

fox should def be the backup pg

i hope zion goes too, him and AD are really the only offensive forces on the inside for usa

there's a weird thing online with embiid where ppl pretend he should play for france instead of the usa cause he's not from america. but by the time the olympics come around he would have spent half of his life living in cameroon and half his life living in america. he's an american citizen because he has lived here since he was a kid. he's a french citizen because he is famous. 

On 9/11/2023 at 10:27 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

there's a weird thing online with embiid where ppl pretend he should play for france instead of the usa cause he's not from america. but by the time the olympics come around he would have spent half of his life living in cameroon and half his life living in america. he's an american citizen because he has lived here since he was a kid. he's a french citizen because he is famous. 

As a French, the whole Embiid to France is weird. I know he has family here but yeah, I feel like if he chooses France it's more to be THE guy (which he wouldn't be in the US) and have a chance to compete for the win (which he wouldn't in Cameroon). He has little strings to France himself

3 hours ago, TedLavie said:

As a French, the whole Embiid to France is weird. I know he has family here but yeah, I feel like if he chooses France it's more to be THE guy (which he wouldn't be in the US) and have a chance to compete for the win (which he wouldn't in Cameroon). He has little strings to France himself

i don't really care which team he chooses, but imagining a french starting five of ? - wemby - alex sarr - embiid - gobert is too funny to not want to see