Preseason Cuts 2023

Acgott

1 hour ago, Acgott said:

Tyre Philips cut. He was on everyone’s final roster board.

https://x.com/art_stapleton/status/1696511808968753509?s=61&t=tus03feDbRZ35nlWoHPPOA

Yeah, this one is interesting. I know he had some truly awful practices and I think he got hurt relatively recently, but that leaves Peart as our 3rd and swing tackle, which isn't really a good situation. Philips filled in admirably at RT last year for Neal, and that means more to me than how he played and practiced this preseason. I would not feel good going into week 1 with Peart and McKethan(?) as our backups at tackle. This is the first real surprise.

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Did he just not do anything in the PS? I thought he'd make your squad. 

What AC said is correct, he was insurance for Wan'Dale and Shep, but both of those guys are healthy and we have Beasley now, so he was an expected cut. He did play well in the preseason though, even if it was against more bottom of the roster/PS type guys.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Acgott said:

I imagine some of them will end up on short term IR tomorrow. Brightwell and McCain was only on one of the final roster predictions, Brown was on none.

I think Brown was saved by the BFW injury. Have to imagine DJ Davidson either goes to short-term IR or is cut once Basham move is official.