Dotsgone - traded to Rams

warfelg

4 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

I think this opens up a spot for Dylan Cook to make the team. I think they were worried about him not clearing waivers to make the PS.

Honestly, trade Chuks so Jones can start at right tackle. Keep Cook as the #3 and have Anderson be the #4. 

If someone goes down, Cook plays right tackle. 

There's no reason to keep Chuks bc he's not good and blocking development and take that dead money haircut now to lessen his dead money hit next year. 

11 hours ago, bionicsuperfreak said:

It doesn't seem like much on paper but when you can move 40 spots in a draft with only 200 picks it's actually a really nice return.  

To do that twice, is even better than a single pick bc it's almost like two picks if that makes sense. Because the picks are more relevant than just an additional pick. Now, you can target ILB with a fourth rounder, bc that position is devalued and you can get a starter there. That's the true value of moves like this. Not too mention..

You move up 25% of the draft, twice.

this is what I thought and the rams a re a nice team to trade with since they are going to be bad most likely

dotson was done here anyways, and I had hoped they would trade him on draft day for a 5th or something like that.  I like how Khan is shaping the future of this team. If we have another offseason even close to this past one, it will make for a good future.  

5 hours ago, jebrick said:

Rams are going to really suck this year.  They will be in the running for #1 pick

Yup.  I expect this to almost be 2 “round and a half” jumps in picks.  It’s also another top 150 pick to work with considering that few pick jump took a 4th this year it allows you ability to do it next year.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Yup.  I expect this to almost be 2 “round and a half” jumps in picks.  It’s also another top 150 pick to work with considering that few pick jump took a 4th this year it allows you ability to do it next year.

This.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, warfelg said:

exactly. What could be intriguing is if the draft is deep in areas of need, we could trade down and get more picks as well, maybe still end up with where we started plus a few more picks 

do you also think the rams will be that bad? 

On 8/28/2023 at 12:23 AM, bionicsuperfreak said:

You move up 25% of the draft, twice.

thats what I liked about this tactic. 

then consider on draft day, when you trade a pick, often you can net a pick the following year that is a round earlier. It's a nice way to move up and get those good value RD3 and RD4 picks as long as you get good players and the draft is deep. If the draft isn't a good class, trade them away and up a round for the next year. Seems like something colbert should have tried over the years,  but I can't remember him gathering this many picks.  Khan has it figured out