2024 Draft

Ftn49

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

Luke is gone as well now

I've looked at around 20-25 WRs and I think they are all gone now lol. I liked what I saw of Cornelius Johnson at Michigan but I think it's pretty early for him. Do you like any running backs here? Ray Davis is one I'm big on

Edited by adamq

35 minutes ago, Forge said:

This is far more of an eyebrow raise than Harrison opting out 

I was pretty happy with his weight at the combine, but this is an eye-raiser. Trying to prevent an Orlando Brown, I suppose. But Latham was a really, really good college football player. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, adamq said:

I've looked at around 20-25 WRs and I think they are all gone now lol. I liked what I saw of Cornelius Johnson at Michigan but I think it's pretty early for him. Do you like any running backs here? Ray Davis is one I'm big on

Davis is gone 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I admit I have yet to watch game film of him, but his Senior Bowl reps were impressive. 

So, Malachi's usage at Western Kentucky was a bunch of screens, some reverses, some crossing patterns, a couple of speed outs and flats off of motion, and a couple of slants. I haven't seen testing numbers for him, but he doesn't have a lot of vertical juice once his initial burst has run out. But Corley does have quality hands for a running back convert, competes for passes in the air, and showed wiggle on tape and in Senior Bowl reps when asked to run more complicated routes like whips and such. The thing that makes him special is the open field running. He has great feel for using and setting up blocks and his compact body goes through and bounces off tackles. I also thought he was a tenacious and willing outside blocker for a team that loved to run screens. And he's one of the very few wide receivers in the country that spent quite a few snaps in the backfield running power and getting mismatched on linebackers. I don't think that there's been a better 1 to 1 Deebo analogue in a while. 

I don't know how aggressive they'll be in securing Corley (and I wouldn't necessarily see things exactly the same way), but I do think that the top 30 visit is definite confirmation that the team is interested. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I was pretty happy with his weight at the combine, but this is an eye-raiser. Trying to prevent an Orlando Brown, I suppose. But Latham was a really, really good college football player. 

Brown was the immediate first thing that sprang to my mind as well 

9 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I don't know how aggressive they'll be in securing Corley (and I wouldn't necessarily see things exactly the same way), but I do think that the top 30 visit is definite confirmation that the team is interested. 

Jordan Schultz was trying to drum up some first round hype for Corley on the McAfee show I saw, but I think the idea has to be that you're taking him with your second round pick at 63

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Jordan Schultz was trying to drum up some first round hype for Corley on the McAfee show I saw, but I think the idea has to be that you're taking him with your second round pick at 63

The aggression I thought they might consider is a second round trade up

• Like 1

6 more picks until I'm up. Know who I'm taking at 125 (assuming he is still going to be there), and I know that I'll take a running back most likely at 132 or 135. Have no idea what I'll do with the other pick. Thrash is about the most meh pick in the world at receiver. I just don't know if what he does with the ball in his hands will translate. He's not a great athlete and I definitely think he benefitted from finding soft spots in defensive coverages. 

I'll have to check the board and see if there is another guy that I'm just really high on who is still out there. Dorlus finally went, but there may be  others I really like

47 minutes ago, JIllg said:

So, Malachi's usage at Western Kentucky was a bunch of screens, some reverses, some crossing patterns, a couple of speed outs and flats off of motion, and a couple of slants. I haven't seen testing numbers for him, but he doesn't have a lot of vertical juice once his initial burst has run out. But Corley does have quality hands for a running back convert, competes for passes in the air, and showed wiggle on tape and in Senior Bowl reps when asked to run more complicated routes like whips and such. The thing that makes him special is the open field running. He has great feel for using and setting up blocks and his compact body goes through and bounces off tackles. I also thought he was a tenacious and willing outside blocker for a team that loved to run screens. And he's one of the very few wide receivers in the country that spent quite a few snaps in the backfield running power and getting mismatched on linebackers. I don't think that there's been a better 1 to 1 Deebo analogue in a while. 

I appreciate the breakdown of Corley, but I was answering the question about Braedon Fiske, FSU DT. I do like Corley as well, though. 😁

28 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I appreciate the breakdown of Corley, but I was answering the question about Braedon Fiske, FSU DT. I do like Corley as well, though. 😁

XD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

6 more picks until I'm up. Know who I'm taking at 125 (assuming he is still going to be there)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand he's not there. 

Just a brutal run out. The board absolutely blows now, to be honest. 

Man, that is legitimately frustrating. 

The running backs are mostly still fine, no real lost value there. Hell, Tracy is a top 5 running back for me in this one and he's still there. Lloyd is still out there as well. Shipley too. 

I was going to take Sinnott, but that's out the window now. 

If I'm looking for more of an H-back type, I could go with Bell, however if I want more of a full bodied TE, I think the play is probably Wiley? 

I have another TE that I'm very interested in, but back to back injuries means that he's a late round flyer and I probably want to double him up with someone. 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

I was going to take Sinnott, but that's out the window now. 

If I'm looking for more of an H-back type, I could go with Bell, however if I want more of a full bodied TE, I think the play is probably Wiley? 

I have another TE that I'm very interested in, but back to back injuries means that he's a late round flyer and I probably want to double him up with someone. 

Ooof. I think I'd rather have Bell over Wiley period.

16 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Ooof. I think I'd rather have Bell over Wiley period.

I kind of think the correct answer is Erick All. 

But 4th round ? That's a gamble 

• Like 1