Game 2- Seattle Seahawks (0-1) @ Detroit Lions (1-0)

Louis Friend

9 hours ago, Superduperman said:

Geno will run for some yardage. It's a weakness. I think the odds are heavily in favor of that not being enough.

I guess Seattle's offense does pose somewhat of a challenge even without their tackles, though, they could go to quick drops and they have good receivers. If the Lions D isn't on their best game, they could be a problem.

My hope is that the Lions sense the 'blood in the water" and put this game away early.  Winning close games is fun to watch but it would be great to see them dominate from start-to-finish.

Loved the way you guys outlasted the Chiefs, even with the refs condoning Taylor cheating (oh, but it ain't cheating if the refs don't call it--according to the Chief excuse makers!). 

Now, all I ask is for you to continue your winning ways. I cannot stand Pete the Cheat Carroll at all. Hope Hutch eats early and often. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Loved the way you guys outlasted the Chiefs, even with the refs condoning Taylor cheating (oh, but it ain't cheating if the refs don't call it--according to the Chief excuse makers!). 

Now, all I ask is for you to continue your winning ways. I cannot stand Pete the Cheat Carroll at all. Hope Hutch eats early and often. 

I know it is only one game but it was nice to see Brandon Aiyuk have such a good game.  He has been a bit of an enigma so it was good to see him play to his talent level.   That will make the 49rs a really tough team to defend.

1 hour ago, Just Want A Title said:

I know it is only one game but it was nice to see Brandon Aiyuk have such a good game.  He has been a bit of an enigma so it was good to see him play to his talent level.   That will make the 49rs a really tough team to defend.

Aiyuk actually had a breakout season last year. We 9ers fans realize that he is actually our #1 and best WR. Run CMC and Deebo are very similar...but I think CMC might actually have better hands.

Honestly, I am pulling for you guys to take the NFC North this year. Loved to see your HC not make the mistake of trying to score and therefore give Mahomie the ball back...possession is the key to victory!

56 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Seattle rules out Cross and Adams for Sunday. Looks like Witherspoon will make his debut. 

Taylor Decker is currently “doubtful”. I loathe the ideal of playing Matt Nelson. I’m hoping they move Sewell to LT, Vaitai to RT and Glasgow to RG. 

The only good thing about his injury is that we can probably still beat the Seahawks.  This would be a lot more significant against a team with a better D-Line and pass rush.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

The only good thing about his injury is that we can probably still beat the Seahawks.  This would be a lot more significant against a team with a better D-Line and pass rush.

Hopefully it won’t linger and the team is just being cautious. Maybe we’ll get to see some Colby Sorsdal 

Apparently Josh Pascal has been moved to IR which means he will be out at least 4-weeks.  I haven't seen any details on what is going on with his knee.  Hopefully it is some sort of sprain rather than something that involves structural damage.  The Lions are showing a lot of confidence in Benito Jones.  I am a little surprised at Brodric Martin though.  He showed consistent improvement in the off-season.  It seems like a team like the Seahawks who rely on the run and have a so-so O-Line would be a good place to start getting him some game snaps.  I think the Lions will need him against a team like the Ravens.  Still, a James Houston type of development arc might be in the cards for him.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2023/9/17/23876223/detroit-lions-week-2-inactives-isaiah-buggs-healthy-scratch-again-vs-seahawks