Week 2: Eagles vs Vikings - Home Opener Edition

AZ_Eaglesfan

13 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Dreading the inevitable Maddox injury news. Hopefully he is out short term and he didn’t tear his pec or something. Maddox is a guy we should look to move on from next season. Very good player, but man this guy is never on the field and makes good money

Was thinking the same thing. Hell, I wouldn’t even be mad if the eagles drafted a slot corner with one of their top draft picks in 2024. I know Goodrich is very young but he looked pretty lost yesterday. Maybe he will improve but not looking ideal at the moment

3 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

Scary to think how this game goes if Jefferson didn't lose the ball in the end zone. Defense continues to get turnovers to give this offense more looks. Classic Philly game with defense and running the rock. I'll take the 2-0, but not excited to see us play a good team ATM. 

Well lucky for us we don't play a good team for a while. By then if this team is gonna sort things out it'll be taken care of.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jays3 said:

Was thinking the same thing. Hell, I wouldn’t even be mad if the eagles drafted a slot corner with one of their top draft picks in 2024. I know Goodrich is very young but he looked pretty lost yesterday. Maybe he will improve but not looking ideal at the moment

Gotta let Goodrich have a chance to improve. I know it sucks when young guys play poorly, but that was his first NFL action ever. Hopefully in a month he develops into a decent player cause knowing Maddox his season is over. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Gotta let Goodrich have a chance to improve. I know it sucks when young guys play poorly, but that was his first NFL action ever. Hopefully in a month he develops into a decent player cause knowing Maddox his season is over. 

Yeah for sure, but he’s also being forced to start right now because Maddox is injury prone. He’s essentially being thrown into the deep end to see if he can handle it. Kinda wish it wasn’t this way but it is what it is.

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I’d expect Bradberry will also see some slot snaps when he is back. Jobe isn’t great, but he was serviceable last night. Bradberry will still mainly play outside, but Jobe > Goodrich right now. 

I thought jobe wasn’t bad considering the circumstances. PFF wasn’t nice to him though (or Goodrich). But they are young

7 minutes ago, Jays3 said:

I thought jobe wasn’t bad considering the circumstances. PFF wasn’t nice to him though (or Goodrich). But they are young

I thought he was solid. I wonder what happens to his grade if you take that big td he gave up out of it? I know that was a huge play but otherwise I thought he looked good especially for a first game. 

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I thought he was solid. I wonder what happens to his grade if you take that big td he gave up out of it? I know that was a huge play but otherwise I thought he looked good especially for a first game. 

I agree. I think PFF also credited that play where Osborn was wiiide tf open in the end zone to jobe. I think that play was edmunds fault though. 

32 minutes ago, Jays3 said:

I agree. I think PFF also credited that play where Osborn was wiiide tf open in the end zone to jobe. I think that play was edmunds fault though. 

Ooof. I'd try to make a move for a slot if true and if available. I don't think Goodrich is good enough. Additionally, I'd 100% be done with Maddox if it makes sense financially. My man just cannot survive the NFL.