Week 2: Eagles vs Vikings - Home Opener Edition

AZ_Eaglesfan

On 9/15/2023 at 2:12 PM, Jeezla said:

Regardless, this probably Lanes last season. I don't think we'll need to use our 1st on a RT-and we might already have him with Steen, but probably gonna need to use one of our 2nds or package them up for a RG or RT.

Our OL a year from now gonna look like:
Mailata---Dickerson---Jurgens---Steen or a rook---Steen or a rook

Really hope not. Don't wanna lose Kelce n Lane at the same time. I'm gonna hold out hope that it's just early season rust. 

2 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Really hope not. Don't wanna lose Kelce n Lane at the same time. I'm gonna hold out hope that it's just early season rust. 

Lane didn't fall off a cliff in the last 6 months. He will be fine. Jurgens on the other hand might get replaced by Steen if things don't drastically improve. 

There is however a slight chance the core 4, all retire together. Doubtful because of Lane but a chance. Especially if we somehow won a SB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Lane didn't fall off a cliff in the last 6 months. He will be fine. Jurgens on the other hand might get replaced by Steen if things don't drastically improve. 

There is however a slight chance the core 4, all retire together. Doubtful because of Lane but a chance. Especially if we somehow won a SB.

I can totally see Fletch going and playing a year or two somewhere else.

47 minutes ago, Danger said:

I can totally see Fletch going and playing a year or two somewhere else.

Yeah I get Peters type vibes off him as well. I can't blame them though if you can get several more million each season as a rotational piece, ala Suh/LJ.

Millions are Millions! 🥃

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I remember seeing an older article that Lane prefers playing next to a big guard. Can jurgens would be considered small for a guard. Also, I’m sure since cam is still young and inexperienced on the eagles OL, he probably doesn’t have very good football chemistry with Lane yet.

2 hours ago, Jays3 said:

I remember seeing an older article that Lane prefers playing next to a big guard. Can jurgens would be considered small for a guard. Also, I’m sure since cam is still young and inexperienced on the eagles OL, he probably doesn’t have very good football chemistry with Lane yet.

Let's be real. The Eagles are hoping Jurgens can be another Landon Dickerson.  The original plan to replace Kelce. 

I'm not saying Jurgens can't play RG but he was deemed a Kelce type clone for a reason. His size and athleticism.  Chemistry and familiarity matters when playing OL.

So Lane should struggle not knowing if Cam is on the same page. Something he never ever had to worry about with Brooks or Isaac who probably knew the offense/checks better then Jason.

It will get better. Point being Lane Johnson is not on a decline. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

39 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Let's be real. The Eagles are hoping Jurgens can be another Landon Dickerson.  The original plan to replace Kelce. 

I'm not saying Jurgens can't play RG but he was deemed a Kelce type clone for a reason. His size and athleticism.  Chemistry and familiarity matters when playing OL.

So Lane should struggle not knowing if Cam is on the same page. Something he never ever had to worry about with Brooks or Isaac who probably knew the offense/checks better then Jason.

It will get better. Point being Lane Johnson is not on a decline. 

I 100% believe jurgens will be the center of the future and steen will take RG. In fact, if kelce goes down at any point this year (god forbid) then I think they slide jurgens over to center and steen to RG. Maybe not mid game because that’s too many moving parts during a game, but I think they make those adjustments before the next game.

22 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

The ITB guys kinda crushing Jobe today. Idk I thought he played solid honestly.

He had a couple big mistakes, but was otherwise fine imo aka he looked like a rookie.  The long TD was not on him.  The safety hung him out to dry.  The 2nd TD I think was on him though bc it looks like he didn't know the coverage they were in.  He shows promise and some of those things can be cleaned up as he gets more reps.

• Like 1