Chiefs WR Corps

Chiefer

On 6/23/2024 at 6:37 AM, onejayhawk said:

If he has a DeSean Jackson rookie year I will be pleasantly shocked. Jackson stands alone among rookie WRs under Reid.

Try Jeremy Maclin for a reasonable upside although he was also a higher pick than XM. Remember when we had high hopes for Clyde Edwards-Helaire? He was compared to Brian Westbrook. 

XM? Xander Montgomery?

We dont have the sheer volume of targets available for XW to have a Jackson type of rookie year.   I would guess we bring him along slowly, but he provides something the rest of the group doesn’t.. so I do expect his snap count to be pretty high early on (even if he isn’t necessarily producing)

5 hours ago, RedGold said:

We dont have the sheer volume of targets available for XW to have a Jackson type of rookie year.   I would guess we bring him along slowly, but he provides something the rest of the group doesn’t.. so I do expect his snap count to be pretty high early on (even if he isn’t necessarily producing)

XW does not provide something the rest of the group does not. While he is likely the fastest, Hollywood brown is close. In other ways, he has a lot to learn. That takes time.

Another way he is not like DeSean Jackson is that he is not likely to make an impact as a PR. Remiggio and Mecole seem to have that nailed down. 

7 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

XW does not provide something the rest of the group does not. While he is likely the fastest, Hollywood brown is close. In other ways, he has a lot to learn. That takes time.

Another way he is not like DeSean Jackson is that he is not likely to make an impact as a PR. Remiggio and Mecole seem to have that nailed down. 

He provides a deep element that the others do not.   Hollywood is not at the god awful level of Mecole,  but his success rate at deep passes has lacked in the past.    

2 hours ago, RedGold said:

He provides a deep element that the others do not.  

He does not.

2 hours ago, RedGold said:

Hollywood is not at the god awful level of Mecole,  but his success rate at deep passes has lacked in the past.    

You wrong Mecole a wrong Hollywood even more.

2 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

He does not.

You wrong Mecole a wrong Hollywood even more.

I’m not wrong on Mecole.  We only have 6 years of proof I’m right.  I’ll drop the rest 

22 minutes ago, RedGold said:

I’m not wrong on Mecole.  We only have 6 years of proof I’m right.  I’ll drop the rest 

Hardman only has 5 years in the league.

When he was available, the team snapped him up. He is not a frontline but he is valued depth.

2 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Hardman only has 5 years in the league.

When he was available, the team snapped him up. He is not a frontline but he is valued depth.

True, the years all run together with him. 

I’ve never said he isn’t depth.   But he’s awful in the deep passing game.   Put him in a gadget role, sure he has his uses.   Put him as a traditional WR and make him win deep or with routes,   He’s not so useful. 

3 hours ago, RedGold said:

True, the years all run together with him. 

I’ve never said he isn’t depth.   But he’s awful in the deep passing game.   Put him in a gadget role, sure he has his uses.   Put him as a traditional WR and make him win deep or with routes,   He’s not so useful. 

You said exactly that he was not depth. The exact words 

6 hours ago, RedGold said:

Hollywood is not at the god awful level of Mecole,  but his success rate at deep passes has lacked in the past.

Hollywood is WR1 while Watson and Harman can argue over WR2 while Rice is out.

By midseason that may change but Rice should be back by then.

Adam Taicher named Nikko Remigio as the most surprising player in OTAs and Minicamp. Remigio and Hardman are currently the top PRs. 
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40380139/nfl-surprise-standout-players-otas-spring-minicamps#KC
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/undrafted_wr_named_chiefs_most_surprising_player/s1_13132_40528720

WR Nikko Remigio

Remigio -- in part because of Xavier Worthy's injured hamstring -- received a good run with the first unit during OTAs and minicamp, and he made the most of his opportunities. The challenge for him during training camp will be to make enough plays to crack a playing group that includes Worthy, Marquise Brown, Rashee Rice, Justin Watson, Skyy Moore and Kadarius Toney. One edge Remigio might have in making the roster is his ability as a kickoff returner. He joined the Chiefs last year as an undrafted rookie. -- Adam Teicher

On 6/22/2024 at 10:17 PM, mayanfootball said:

J.Chase had his best year in 2021, his first, so it can be done.

Chase was a lock to be successful as a wide receiver.  XW would be a stretch to think he’ll get near Chase’s level.

On 6/25/2024 at 10:51 AM, EMAW_KSU said:

Chase was a lock to be successful as a wide receiver.  XW would be a stretch to think he’ll get near Chase’s level.

It's NOT a stretch to say XW can have great 1st year similar to Chase's.

You forget who'll be throwing to XW. That and his speed, route running should open your eyes.

3 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

It's NOT a stretch to say XW can have great 1st year similar to Chase's.

I would go with near impossibility.

3 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

You forget who'll be throwing to XW. That and his speed, route running should open your eyes.

If he does better than Rice last season I will be shocked.