Which top QBs have it the easiest?

SmittyBacall

On 9/20/2023 at 11:40 AM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

We're talking about top QB's...which Lamar is...

It's semantics, but I think the top QBs are Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, and Hurts. Lamar is just below them with the likes of Herbert and maybe Tua, etc...

That being said, Lamar has had issues staying healthy, a blah OC, and hardly any weapons to throw to, so I think his 'stats' don't do him justice. I can absolutely see him taking another step being healthy, playing for a *hopefully* better OC, and more weapons. If that's the case, then he'll be right there with the top QBs, but it's only week two, and he started out pretty hot last year, too. Fingers crossed he can take the step, and the Ravens overtake the Bengals. I'm a big fan of Lamar, and would love to see them take over that division. Definitely possible. 

15 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

Of course you factor in what Lamar brings as a rusher. You also factor in that this leads to him missing games. You can’t extrapolate his production to be on the level of others when his play style can directly lead to the lost production. 

How many games has Lamar missed due to injuries sustained running the football? 

16 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

Of course you factor in what Lamar brings as a rusher. You also factor in that this leads to him missing games. You can’t extrapolate his production to be on the level of others when his play style can directly lead to the lost production. 

Hey I know you don't watch a lot of Ravens games but Lamar has missed a grant total of 0 games because of him being a running QB. Just thought you should know that. Fun fact of the day! Both of his injuries that he's sustained that led to him missing games were due to getting hit in the pocket :) 

4 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

It's semantics, but I think the top QBs are Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, and Hurts. Lamar is just below them with the likes of Herbert and maybe Tua, etc...

That's fine. Of those guys I think Hurts has far and away the best situation, with Allen having the worst.

Mahomes and Burrow both have things that are really good (Mahomes has Kelce and the scheme, Burrow has his WR's), and things that are bad (Mahomes' WR's and run game, Burrow his OL and coaching/scheme).

4 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

That being said, Lamar has had issues staying healthy, a blah OC, and hardly any weapons to throw to, so I think his 'stats' don't do him justice. I can absolutely see him taking another step being healthy, playing for a *hopefully* better OC, and more weapons. If that's the case, then he'll be right there with the top QBs, but it's only week two, and he started out pretty hot last year, too. Fingers crossed he can take the step, and the Ravens overtake the Bengals. I'm a big fan of Lamar, and would love to see them take over that division. Definitely possible. 

Rational take