Which top QBs have it the easiest?

SmittyBacall

I was thinking about this last night watching the game.

How would you rank current NFL QBs in how easy they have it, or in other words, rank QBs with the strongest supporting cast who are set up the most to succeed (i.e. receiving options, coaching, pass protection, running game, defensive support, etc.)?

Good question. I’d say that in terms of cast:

Jalen Hurts has an elite OL and weapons with Brown and Smith with a great running game.

Mahomes has an elite HC/offensive system and HOF TE.

Burrow has IMO the best WR trio in the league and Chase and Higgins are fantastic but the OL is not great although I sure did hear all offseason about how good it was going to be

Allen has a mediocre OL, poor running game, a legit stud WR, not great options after that.

All 4 of these guys have great defenses as well, so it depends on how you want to define value on which are most important.

• Like 3

Hurts is maybe #1 for me out of the top / top guys. The offensive line really puts it over the top. 

If we are looking at all QBs (not just the top ones), Purdy would be #1 / #2 with Hurts. Hurts has the much better offensive line, but I'd say the weapons are comparable, and no disrespect intended to Brian Johnson, but he's not Shanahan. So Hurts get the offensive line, Purdy gets the coaching / schematic advantage. 

• Like 2

Purdy and Hurts have to be top two. I’d put Goff up there too, with most of the other high end QBs who, generally speaking, all have very good to elite weapons but questionable OLs. If this were 2019, Mahomes would still be in there but the WR corps and the OL have regressed since then. Dak and Tua belong in there at this point as well. 

HMs but not quite there are Zach Wilson (Hackett sucks and the OL is suspect) and Lawrence.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Soko said:

Purdy and Hurts have to be top two. I’d put Goff up there too, with most of the other high end QBs who, generally speaking, all have very good to elite weapons but questionable OLs. If this were 2019, Mahomes would still be in there but the WR corps and the OL have regressed since then. Dak and Tua belong in there at this point as well. 

HMs but not quite there are Zach Wilson (Hackett sucks and the OL is suspect) and Lawrence.

Yeah I was going to say Purdy by a landslide. CMC, Aiyuk, Deebo and Kittle + a good OL, a great OC and perhaps the best defense in the NFL? Yeesh

Edited by AkronsWitness

1-Hurts elite OL, elite WRs. Super easy job. 

2-Purdy, elite OL, elite scheme playmakers and run game. Easy job. 

3-Tua, Wrs that get more open than anyone. Very easy job to throw to Hill and Waddle. 

4-Burrow, always had superstars to throw to. He can throw a awful pass and Higgins will jump over everyone and make an amazing catch.

5-Goff, great OL and players around him.

Lawrence has a pretty easy situation as well, very low stress playing for Jacksonville. Great players around him on offense who make amazing grabs usually, OL pretty good. 

So if we filter just the "top" QB's, then we discount Brock Purdy, Jared Goff, and Dak Prescott. Brock has a super easy job, and I believe Goff does as well.

The "top" guys, I would easily put Jalen Hurts #1 for easiest. elite OL, great WR's, great run game, great defense. Dude's got it made.

Tua is #2 for me, having an elite scheme + Tyreek and Waddle.

#3 is probably Lamar right now actually. 3 solid WR's, 2 solid TE's, a good scheme, good OL. No true weakness to that offense.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

1. Hurts

2. Tua

3. Purdy

4. Goff

5. Dak

I'd put Howell at 6. Terry + Dotson + Samuel + Bieniemy. Just need to shore up their OL and maybe improve RB and TE a bit and they'd be no worse than #4.
Colts are a good #2 WR away from joining the convo
Vikings are a good OG and C away if Darrisaw can stay healthy. JJ, Addison, and Hock is a really nice trio of weapons, pretty similar to AJ/DeVonta/Goedert. Mattison looks average at best, so could use an upgrade there.

Edited by Jeezla

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

4. Goff

I don't know, OL can be good but they're rarely on the field together. Will be down two starters on Sunday. Rarely any support from the defense, absolutely no confidence or reliability in the kicking game. 

And the Lions pass catchers as a whole are probably middle of the road at best right now. 

What am I missing here?