Which top QBs have it the easiest?

SmittyBacall

1) Hurts- he has EVERYTHING you need on the field.

2) Mahomes- I went back and forth between him and Burrow, but settled with Mahomes. Burrow has a big time advantage in weapons, but Mahomes having one of the best receiving TEs ever eases the blow. Then, you add in the great O line play Mahomes had last year, and it levels the playing field*. Coaching is what gives Mahomes the edge, imo. Reid makes his life way easier, and vice versa. 

*I'm assuming Mahomes O line won't be great this year, but two games isn't enough of a sample size, so I'm going off of last year as well. 

3) Burrow- I mean, how can you argue against having Chase, Higgins, and Boyd as your weapons? An elite #1, another #1, and a menace in the slot. Unfortunately, his O line dating back to last year has been below average and coaching is blah. 

4) Allen- I'm intrigued to see what comes of Kincaid and the O line this year. Switching to primarily a 12 personnel package may do wonders for Allen, but to date- he's had the least amount to work with. Diggs is an elite #1, but Davis was incredibly inconsistent last year, and the slot position was laughable. His O line was worse than Burrows last + doesn't have the weapons to make up for it. On top of that, Dorsey was a rookie OC last year that went through his growing pains. As I said, I'm incredibly intrigued by the new look of the offense. The additions of Kincaid and Torrence could be huge for the future. 

Those are the top QBs. Then there's the best of the rest with potential of more (Tua, Herbert, Lamar, etc...). Tua has it the best. That 1-2 punch at WR is probably the best in the league + McDaniels has done a great job of making Tua the point guard of the offense. 

Mahomes hands down.

He fell in the draft for a reason. He played at Texas Tech and couldnt elevate them to National Championship caliber success. The scouting reports were that he plays wreckless and his mechanics are flawed. In other words he doesnt play within the structure of an offense. Which we know can hurt an offense when the QB doesnt do the necessary things within an offense. Just look at how Justin Fields is getting killed in Chicago. Especially on that one play where he had two wide open guys looked like he was going to pull the trigger but didnt and instead took the sack. 

But anyways, Mahomes fell in the draft and it took the Chiefs to trade up to get him. He fell perfectly into Andy Reid hands. He sat behind a solid safe vet in Alex Smith for a year. The weapons the Chiefs had in Hill, Kelce, and I think Jamaal Charles then Hunt. So all the flaws Mahomes had and still will show itself is being covered up by the genius that is Reid and the weapons Mahomes had to throw too. Now its not to say Mahomes hasnt gotten better with his wreckless and mechanic issues but at the same time when I watch Mahomes I still see him running around trying to make the spectacular play more times than not. But again its not hurting him but if he was in Chicago or some other poorly ran franchise I dont think we will call Mahomes the best QB in the league. He will show flashes of just how great he could be bc he is talented but we would see his flaws show more and more and we would be saying the same thing about Mahomes as many said about Stafford for alot of time when he was in Detroit. That is he need to get out of there and go somewhere thats well ran so he can consistently thrive. So yeah Mahomes have it the easiest based on where he landed. 

Im going to push back on anyone saying Goff have it the easiest.

When the Rams traded Goff to the Lions everyone said he is going to a dumpster fire and that he wouldnt thrive without McVay telling him what to do in his ear. So that instantly disqualifies anyone from saying Goff has it easy.

5 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Im going to push back on anyone saying Goff have it the easiest.

When the Rams traded Goff to the Lions everyone said he is going to a dumpster fire and that he wouldnt thrive without McVay telling him what to do in his ear. So that instantly disqualifies anyone from saying Goff has it easy.

Could just mean that people believe Ben Johnson is on McVay's level with regards to creating an offensive gameplan and scheme 

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

I'm not sure you are following correctly. He's not pimping Lamar, he's saying Lamar has it very easy because of his amazing supporting cast.... which is debatable...

Yeah I'm literally saying this year Lamar's supporting cast is good. Not even sure how that's debatable lol

1 hour ago, Jameson_Neat said:

Hmm, if I look at Lamar's numbers and compare them to guys like Cousins and Goff since the start of 2021, I'm seeing numbers from Lamar that clearly lag behind the other two, let alone the top QBs in the league. 

So you're telling me Jared Goff and Kirk Cousins are top 10 QB's since 2021, along with Lamar? Yeah I'd probably agree with that. Trying to argue Lamar isn't a top QB seems like an odd hill to die on.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah I'm literally saying this year Lamar's supporting cast is good. Not even sure how that's debatable lol

Are we talking a healthy team or the one he has been playing with?

I'd argue a O-line with Mustipher at C and Mekari at LT is mid. 
A RB room without Dobbins is mid or below average (as much as I love Gus) 
TEs are good although Andrews is the only one who has done anything
WRs are fine but we still don't really have an eval on how OBJ has recovered and now he's hurt again. Flowers looks great - for a rookie, so there will likely be some ups and downs. Bateman and Agholor are solid pieces but nothing more at this point. 

So IMO if Stanley, Linderbaum, and OBJ all come back full strength, then yes it is a good supporting cast. But without those pieces the OL and WR groups aren't particularly good, the RBs aren't particularly good, only TE is a real strength. 

2 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

I'm not sure you are following correctly. He's not pimping Lamar, he's saying Lamar has it very easy because of his amazing supporting cast.... which is debatable...

Oh, I’m following. One can have a good supporting cast and still be a good, top QB.

For example, Joe Burrow has had a strong supporting cast and can still be considered a good QB.