Week-To-Week Random Tidbits

D82

3 hours ago, D82 said:

Sorry…but trading a talent like Micah would be asinine. 

I'm not trading Micah.  I am pulling him aside and telling him to tone down the tweets.  Walk softly and carry a big stick.  Sometimes less is more.

5 minutes ago, Northland said:

I'm not trading Micah.  I am pulling him aside and telling him to tone down the tweets.  Walk softly and carry a big stick.  Sometimes less is more.

I mean, he's not the only player out there tweeting, or with a podcast, or any of the other assortment of things people complain about players doing. 

1 hour ago, Rtnldave said:

14 sacks

11.5 in the first 10 games

2.5 in the last 6

0 in the playoffs.

So, unless you believe that this team, coach and owner has what it takes now to win a SB, you will be saddled with another bloated contract for a player that won't be the guy you see now. The Zeke of the defense.

There is a reason for his decline in stats. He’s being doubled and triple teamed every single play. Offenses are scheming him out. He needs help. Name me another player in the league who’s getting as much attention in Pass Pro than Parsons.

I love D-Law, but with all the single coverage he gets, he should be getting more sacks than what he’s getting. He’s not getting off his blocks as easy as he should be. 

1 hour ago, D82 said:

I mean, he's not the only player out there tweeting, or with a podcast, or any of the other assortment of things people complain about players doing. 

It's the complaining about the officiating. Lord knows the refs in the NFL leave a lot to be desired.  It's hard not to get frustrated. That being said I'm convinced that when you complain a lot about the refs, they turn around and say screw you, you'll never catch a break from us.  It's a different era re social media.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

There is a reason for his decline in stats. He’s being doubled and triple teamed every single play. Offenses are scheming him out. He needs help. Name me another player in the league who’s getting as much attention in Pass Pro than Parsons.

I love D-Law, but with all the single coverage he gets, he should be getting more sacks than what he’s getting. He’s not getting off his blocks as easy as he should be. 

Right, and he's also 240 going against 2 and 3 guys at 310 lbs.

How many more years can he keep that up?

Don't you see, after this year we need to throw mad money at him, but you won't be getting this Parsons. 

Of course, if you think you can win this year, you roll with him. But that's where I, and probably everyone else on here, disagree. I've seen enough of Jerry, McCarthy, and Dak. 

Edited by Rtnldave

1 hour ago, Northland said:

It's the complaining about the officiating. Lord knows the refs in the NFL leave a lot to be desired.  It's hard not to get frustrated. That being said I'm convinced that when you complain a lot about the refs, they turn around and say screw you, you'll never catch a break from us.  It's a different era re social media.

Yup, if he would stop calling them out every single pod cast and through his tweets, maybe just maybe they wouldn’t turn a blind eye. 

On 1/29/2024 at 6:32 PM, Rtnldave said:

Right, and he's also 240 going against 2 and 3 guys at 310 lbs.

How many more years can he keep that up?

Don't you see, after this year we need to throw mad money at him, but you won't be getting this Parsons. 

Of course, if you think you can win this year, you roll with him. But that's where I, and probably everyone else on here, disagree. I've seen enough of Jerry, McCarthy, and Dak. 

I don’t know what the answer is with Micah.  I really am concerned about the drop off of production in the key part of the season. This also was my main issue with Ware and DLaw. We never saw them dominate in the playoffs and big games late in season.  I just wonder how much in playoffs this is getting out coached. I just know it was clear in the GB game our D did zilch to disrupt what GB wanted to do offensively.  

Edited by quiller

1 hour ago, quiller said:

I don’t know what the answer is with Micah.  I really am concerned about the drop off of production in the key part of the season. This also was my main issue with Ware and DLaw. We never saw them dominate in the playoffs and big games late in season.  I just wonder how much in playoffs this is getting out coached. I just know it was clear in the GB game our D did zilch to disrupt what GB wanted to do offensively.  

And that's my point. It seems crazy to think to trade him now, and I would only do this with the following in mind:

1. Get multiple high picks with the intent of drafting immediate impact players now.

2. The positions I would focus on would be:

OL, DT, LB, RB, Edge.

3. Any combination of draft and FA would work as long as they are getting players that work in a scheme or system rather than rely on 1 guy like Parsons to be THEE guy.

Because that 1 guy gets burned out or hurt and then your entire defense is incredibly average.

I want a defense that functions at a high level as a unit. Any one player can shine given his role against a particular offensive scheme.

It seems like our defensive units success orbited around Bland and Parsons.

If those 2 were making plays then our defense was dangerous. If you neutralized them, the rest of the defense can be beat, easily.

Not to mention, he signs big next year, 24-25, how many prime years dies he have left?

I mean it’s common sense that Micah’s not calling the plays or packages - and it’s clear they got out schemed and out played by GB from the very first drive.  Had atleast 3-4 passes to wide open receivers with nobody within 10yds of them due to routes that exploited our coverages.  DQ is a very good DC but his record against his former assistants isn’t pretty