Week-To-Week Random Tidbits

D82

1 hour ago, MaddHatter said:

Jerruh must be getting really desperate if he’s finally admitting he might need Jimmy to win another one.

Hey, whatever works at this point. 

• Like 1

Just now, MaddHatter said:

I’m just surprised to hear he has an “Advisory Board”

Jerry's always been willing to listen to people. Problem in the past is he's had the wrong people in his ear. 

1 minute ago, D82 said:

Honestly, this is good news. Let Pollard walk, re-sign Gilmore and use those funds on adding some key acquisitions. 

We will be cap positive in a few days, guaranteed.  Handful of restructures will get us under and that’s without extending Dak or Lamb.  Will be interesting to see if they opt to pick up the 5th year option on Micah, or extend him now.

1 hour ago, MaddHatter said:

We will be cap positive in a few days, guaranteed.  Handful of restructures will get us under and that’s without extending Dak or Lamb.  Will be interesting to see if they opt to pick up the 5th year option on Micah, or extend him now.

If they were smart - they'd extend him now. His number will only go up higher next offseason.

10 minutes ago, D82 said:

If they were smart - they'd extend him now. His number will only go up higher next offseason.

Think so? One more year on a cheap deal and then a 7yr contract likely means you get him through his entire prime for an AAV of 10-15m/yr.  If you sign him now you likely have to resign him again during his late prime could significantly impact his price.  I would think either way he becomes the highest paid DE in the NFL, so really just depends who else is signing this year vs next year

2 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

Think so? One more year on a cheap deal and then a 7yr contract likely means you get him through his entire prime for an AAV of 10-15m/yr.  If you sign him now you likely have to resign him again during his late prime could significantly impact his price.  I would think either way he becomes the highest paid DE in the NFL, so really just depends who else is signing this year vs next year

For sure the price tag goes up next year, and no chance Micah is going to agree to a 7 year deal.

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

For sure the price tag goes up next year, and no chance Micah is going to agree to a 7 year deal.

I wouldn’t sign him to 7 anyway.  It would be nice to go 4 -5  but he will demand over or around 30 a year. As will Lamb. It will be interesting to see.   My guess is it all keys on Dak.