Random Thoughts - In season 2023

dll2000

18 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Fantasy question, who is likely to be your starting RB next year?

I don't think anyone has run away with it. Staff has tried to give Roschon looks but he hasn't done a ton with them. Herbert will still be under contract so barring someone running away with it in training camp, be that a draft pick or someone on the roster now, it will likely be RBBC. 

Edited by chisoxguy7

19 hours ago, dll2000 said:

My guess would be R. Johnson. 

I like Johnson's brutish runs but I just think Herbert is the better runner, so idk. Johnson is the better passblocker and receiver but the Bears are a lower volume passing team so that strength gets minimized to at least some degree. I think if Herbert doesn't get hurt going for that pass that he tops 1200 yards on the ground. 

Gervon's development has been great as the season has went on...what's interesting is the better he has played at 3T the better Justin Jones has gotten as well...probably to the point that for the right price the plan could be just to bring hum back as a rotational piece for another 2 years with Gervon becoming the starter inside.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I like Johnson's brutish runs but I just think Herbert is the better runner, so idk. Johnson is the better passblocker and receiver but the Bears are a lower volume passing team so that strength gets minimized to at least some degree. I think if Herbert doesn't get hurt going for that pass that he tops 1200 yards on the ground. 

I would agree with that.  But Johnson isn't far off and he is better all around.  Remember he was a QB convert and a back up at TX so he has limited experience at position.

He will make large gains I think based on what everyone says about his work ethic and personality.

I think it will be a committee regardless, but I think he moves into lead role in short time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I would agree with that.  But Johnson isn't far off and he is better all around.  Remember he was a QB convert and a back up at TX so he has limited experience at position.

He will make large gains I think based on what everyone says about his work ethic and personality.

I think it will be a committee regardless, but I think he moves into lead role in short time.

False. He is a QB who is being pigeon-holed into a RB. 

#LetRoschonRipIt   #WildcatEveryPlay   #30YardHailMarys

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

👏

It's a good thing but I always ask myself why these things have to be done so publicly. I'm sure the data shows that doing it publicly results in additional donations coming in from the public afterwards but it always just feels so disingenuous to seek recognition for charitable acts. I hate that content creators are profiting off making videos of them helping the homeless for the same reason. Real good needs no applause, no approval, no recognition.

6 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

It's a good thing but I always ask myself why these things have to be done so publicly. I'm sure the data shows that doing it publicly results in additional donations coming in from the public afterwards but it always just feels so disingenuous to seek recognition for charitable acts. I hate that content creators are profiting off making videos of them helping the homeless for the same reason. Real good needs no applause, no approval, no recognition.

I agree with you in a lot of ways but you hit the nail on the head with it often being the organisation who the donation is being made to who ask for these to be public mainly because they want to be associated with the public figure making the donation in the hope more people will want to do the same...not the nicest way to think of it but any sort of publicity for a charity is huge. 

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

False. He is a QB who is being pigeon-holed into a RB. 

#LetRoschonRipIt   #WildcatEveryPlay   #30YardHailMarys

Payton threw all kinds of TD passes from HB.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Maybe move Fields to RB and Roschon to QB.  

Oh I agree, of course I was the originator of this idea!!

On 5/9/2023 at 8:12 AM, Sugashane said:

I'm kind of liking the idea of putting Roschon at QB and Fields at RB for certain packages. I mean he averaged 7ypc, why even bother passing when we can just keep rolling off that? 😁

Our boy is gonna look good catching those swing passes from Williams next year. Walter who? 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Our boy is gonna look good catching those swing passes from Williams next year. Walter who? 

There was a great college QB who made a successful transition to pro WR Pryor... I just can't seem to remember his name

• Like 2