2023 GDT 2-1 Steelers visit 1-2 Texans

Steeler Hitman

2023 Week #4 Who Ya Got This Week?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Steelers continue to improve on offense and find a way to win in Houston?

• Yes. Pickett and Canada take another step forward.
    • No. Typical big-headed Steelers who think they are all that and get humiliated and lose.
    • Tie. No satisfaction. Like kissing your great granny.

43 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

watching the condensed texans jags game. Green looks like a decent LG for the texans. 

Jags defense hasn't been very good this season. That's not to suggest they're not good, they just haven't played well. Now, it's possible KG is a better fit in Houston, but he also hasn't played against Watt, Highsmith, and Benton

9 minutes ago, VigilantZombie said:

Jags defense hasn't been very good this season. That's not to suggest they're not good, they just haven't played well. Now, it's possible KG is a better fit in Houston, but he also hasn't played against Watt, Highsmith, and Benton

Green is stout and gets a good push in the run game as a LG over there for the texans. Tomlin /canada might have lost a decent player.    Being a LG, Green will face Benton a bit and then Leal or Ogunjobi .    Happy for Green that he is at his best with the new team.  Too bad I have a bad feeling about the game tomorrow though

Stroud is legit, and will test our secondary. 

29 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

Green is stout and gets a good push in the run game as a LG over there for the texans. Tomlin /canada might have lost a decent player.    Being a LG, Green will face Benton a bit and then Leal or Ogunjobi .    Happy for Green that he is at his best with the new team.  Too bad I have a bad feeling about the game tomorrow though

Green was terrible here. I think Green is going to get destroyed against our defense. Especially with both of their starting OTs not playing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 3rivers said:

No offense, but when you say we may have lost a decent player, you lost me. Rookie Benton will school the perpetual rookie we ‘lost’’. I think Pickett will steadily improve, and, despite how they looked against the apparent two best defenses in the league to start the year, the offense has clearly improved in the big play category. That was one important factor, but they need to get the running game going. I am also looking forward to more of Porter on defense, who will be a number one corner. This just in, we obtained him for a guy Chicago isn’t even going to dress this week.

7 minutes ago, August4th said:

bigger disappointment after a fast start

claypool or Bryant?

Claypool tbh. The off field issues were known with Bryant, there was a huge risk with him from the jump, Bryant's failures were never a result of lack of effort. That is exactly what causes Claypools failures.

52 minutes ago, rlon said:

No offense, but when you say we may have lost a decent player, you lost me. Rookie Benton will school the perpetual rookie we ‘lost’’. I think Pickett will steadily improve, and, despite how they looked against the apparent two best defenses in the league to start the year, the offense has clearly improved in the big play category. That was one important factor, but they need to get the running game going. I am also looking forward to more of Porter on defense, who will be a number one corner. This just in, we obtained him for a guy Chicago isn’t even going to dress this week.

I thought Green was terrible at C here, but for LG  with texans he seems decent. No offence taken, I was as bothered by him here as you or anyone else .  It never worked here for center thats for sure. 

The offence could improve as the season goes on. Get Washington more involved, better OL play, and then get Dionte back.  I still see canada /tomlin as the main obstacle so the real question is if that will change for the better. 

so our media is expecting TJ and Alex to have a major game. Then others say rookie QB's  don't play well vs us. For some reason, I still think this will be close and it will be the typical tomlin letdown game.  Hope I am wrong, but does anyone else here consider this could happen ?