2023 Week 6: vs. Broncos (Thursday, Oct. 12)

onejayhawk

15 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

Please no. I've had my fill of Frank Clark. Play the music and show the sunset. That is all.

Look, I get it, on his original contract few people liked him less than me.  Jay and I argued regularly about it.  But when does Clark show up? Big games and playoffs.  If he’s in an affordable contact with incentive bonuses why not bring that type of player.  Another rotational player, he’s not a starter.  But again keeping pass rushers in the front 4 fresh allows the DBs/LBs free more often to cause havoc.

1 hour ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Look, I get it, on his original contract few people liked him less than me.  Jay and I argued regularly about it.  But when does Clark show up? Big games and playoffs.  If he’s in an affordable contact with incentive bonuses why not bring that type of player.  Another rotational player, he’s not a starter.  But again keeping pass rushers in the front 4 fresh allows the DBs/LBs free more often to cause havoc.

Not just that, Clark was a professional in practice and in the locker room. There is a reason that Chris Jones lobbies to bring him back. 

On 10/15/2023 at 12:34 PM, onejayhawk said:

Not just that, Clark was a professional in practice and in the locker room. There is a reason that Chris Jones lobbies to bring him back. 

Unfortunately off field his issues persisted.  But we aren’t making him, or paying him to be the face of the franchise.

1 hour ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Unfortunately off field his issues persisted.  But we aren’t making him, or paying him to be the face of the franchise.

He resolved a lot of the off-field issues last year. 

It's absolutely true that he would not be paid like the face of the defense much less the franchise. 

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

He resolved a lot of the off-field issues last year. 

It's absolutely true that he would not be paid like the face of the defense much less the franchise. 

And I’m so much more comfortable with his production at that rate.  As I said earlier, load it up with incentives, give him a chance to earn his money.