2023 Week 6: vs. Broncos (Thursday, Oct. 12)

onejayhawk

1 minute ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Taylor literally blocked NOBODY on that play and Pat almost got unalived.  We thought that guy was gonna be the LT? Playing more like he should be left out.

I'm still in a bit of disbelief that no one has worked with him to fix his run/pass tell. Or maybe he just hasn't/won't fix it.

2 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I'm still in a bit of disbelief that no one has worked with him to fix his run/pass tell. Or maybe he just hasn't/won't fix it.

I agree, and the fact that the announcers literally talk about it every week means it’s not a secret.

5 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Taylor literally blocked NOBODY on that play and Pat almost got unalived.  We thought that guy was gonna be the LT? Playing more like he should be left out.

That was a nice defensive design. Flooded the line of scrimmage with potential rushers. 

This is the first game that Denver's defensive roster showed up to play. It may have been lineups like the one above being out of synch. In any event, this is more like what I expected from the Denver D. Give them props. This score was no fluke. 

Our defense is looking very nice and the secondary has got to be among the top units in the league. The only thing missing is someone to reliably cover the slot other than Sneed or McDuffie. 

Omenihu was on a six-game suspension. Game seven is next.

6 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Well. More ugly wins? Will we get anything else this season? Who knows?

I’m ready for us to bring in a Julio Jones or Jarvis Landry.  Someone with some experience.  Demote Toney, trade Skyy, heck I’d trade Skyy to Imir-Marsette back, at least there was upside there.

I’d alsolike to takeaway look at Taylor Lewan, see if he could play RT.  I think he’s an improvement over either side but right now I just have no confidence whatsoever in Taylor.

2 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

That was a nice defensive design. Flooded the line of scrimmage with potential rushers. 

This is the first game that Denver's defensive roster showed up to play. It may have been lineups like the one above being out of synch. In any event, this is more like what I expected from the Denver D. Give them props. This score was no fluke. 

Our defense is looking very nice and the secondary has got to be among the top units in the league. The only thing missing is someone to reliably cover the slot other than Sneed or McDuffie. 

Omenihu was on a six-game suspension. Game seven is next.

We’ve talked about this though.  Omenihu is a piece player not an answer.  I was pretty shocked by Jones lack of effort on the chase of Russ at the end of the game but this was by far the game he’s played the most so maybe he was just tired of.  I’d love to see us bring in one more rotational piece at end.  Ingram, Dunlap, Clark…all may be available.

Yeah, I don't really agree with the hate around Smith/Taylor. Aside from the penalty fest at RT, neither have stood out to me, positive or negative. I don't think they're great, but I don't really see either as a problem right now. Pass pro is not remotely our issue.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Yeah, I don't really agree with the hate around Smith/Taylor. Aside from the penalty fest at RT, neither have stood out to me, positive or negative. I don't think they're great, but I don't really see either as a problem right now. Pass pro is not remotely our issue.

Agreed. 

Weirdly I do kind of think Watson getting hurt could be a blessing in disguise. I hate to say that about any player, especially since he himself has played fine this year. But there's a lot of redundancy in how we use MVS and Watson. We really don't need both on the field as often as they have been.