Jared Goff's Future

Sllim Pickens

1 hour ago, General Tso said:

This is the QB market. Did you think Goff was going to make less than Daniel Jones?

There is times a QB will take a little less if it makes sense for them and for team success.  I think higher of Goff in terms of being a team player.

I think he is a smart guy who will get his own and still help team.  

He knows his future value is dependent on the success of the team.

Edited by detfan782004

3 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

There is times a QB will take a little less if it makes sense for them and for team success.  I think higher of Goff in terms of being a team player.

I think he is a smart guy who will get his own and still help team.  

He knows his future value is dependent on the success of the team.

Would you take less at your job if you knew you could get more because it helps the company? 

This is the same situation.

13 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Would you take less at your job if you knew you could get more because it helps the company? 

This is the same situation.

If I knew that it would make me more in the long run....absolutely yes....did it in my current career...took a pay cut and went to a new organization and have since doubled my salary because long term vision.  Absolutely....he take can 45-50 per for 3-4 years now and still get a decent deal next deal or he can take 55-60 now and team sucks and his next deal is not as good....45/50 now and 30/40 on another deal is greater than 55/60 now and 15/20

8 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

If I knew that it would make me more in the long run....absolutely yes....did it in my current career...took a pay cut and went to a new organization and have since doubled my salary because long term vision.  Absolutely....he take can 45-50 per for 3-4 years now and still get a decent deal next deal or he can take 55-60 now and team sucks and his next deal is not as good....45/50 now and 30/40 on another deal is greater than 55/60 now and 15/20

I've never thought he gets or has the leverage for 50+ Mil so we're on the same page here.

• Like 1

Think all this offseason QB movement is only increasing Goff value. There has been so much shuffle at QB and the position is just crazy right now. With a wide range of QBs projected to go in round 1 that doesn't help either.

Not saying I don't think he's worth it saying I think his value is going up and rightfully so given the position.

i would be okay paying him more than i had projected earlier by a few million per year 

• Like 1

I can definitely see Goff taking a little less to stay in Detroit and help the team.  Thats what Brady did all of those years, Mahomes structured and took less than he could have got to allow KC to keep talent, and Baker just did the same thing this year.  I don't think Goff is taking a huge pay-cut or anything but I also don't think he is trying to set the market, and he shouldn't.  He has been somewhere he isn't wanted and played with coaches he didn't get along with.  Taking a couple million less to stay put in a situation that works for you and your mental health is big.  Knowing he needs Sewell and ARSB to look good should sway him some.  There are still only 5 QBs averaging above 50M a year and I don't see Goff cracking that.  If he signs for something similar to what Cousins did, I think it would be a huge win for us and him.  

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I can definitely see Goff taking a little less to stay in Detroit and help the team.  Thats what Brady did all of those years, Mahomes structured and took less than he could have got to allow KC to keep talent, and Baker just did the same thing this year.  I don't think Goff is taking a huge pay-cut or anything but I also don't think he is trying to set the market, and he shouldn't.  He has been somewhere he isn't wanted and played with coaches he didn't get along with.  Taking a couple million less to stay put in a situation that works for you and your mental health is big.  Knowing he needs Sewell and ARSB to look good should sway him some.  There are still only 5 QBs averaging above 50M a year and I don't see Goff cracking that.  If he signs for something similar to what Cousins did, I think it would be a huge win for us and him.  

Yes Cousins is hard to hate. I know he gets backlash for what he makes versus playoff wins but his deal is good benchmark 

• 4 weeks later...