Jared Goff's Future

Sllim Pickens

3 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

Well TB just hosed Detroit. Mayfield deal is crazy to me. 

Not Mayfield fan. Don't think he's worth it

It's $33 mil/per year for Baker, isn't that a good thing for Detroit? Jared has less leverage now.

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

Eh, I was thinking around $35-40 million/per for Goff. Baker at $33 doesn’t really hose the Lions. At least it’s not $50 per for Daniel Jones 🙄

Baker at 33 means Goff is worth 45-50 per 

I think this ultimately gets done and I also think we end up somewhat over paying for him. I think the leverage the Lions have in the situation has been suveraly downplayed.   One of the big grips with the old man was not running the Lions like a big boy business.  Over paying , over extending people he liked. Now people seem to want to go back to that mindset because we had 1 good year.  We are supposed to be a players team to we’re going to over pay our own?  Not use our leverage? Play the business side?  Goff is under contract and can be franchised twice without giving any long term commitment.  That alone would take him into his age 33 season.   I don’t think it would be in Goff’s best interest to pout about or sink his own value but coming in unprepared.  I’m suggesting this is the route I want to go.  Keeping all sides happy is in the best interest of all parties involved and locking him up would be great.  If his agent comes in looking for 4/200 However I think this card needs to played in order to achieve a fair deal.  

11 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

I think this ultimately gets done and I also think we end up somewhat over paying for him. I think the leverage the Lions have in the situation has been suveraly downplayed.   One of the big grips with the old man was not running the Lions like a big boy business.  Over paying , over extending people he liked. Now people seem to want to go back to that mindset because we had 1 good year.  We are supposed to be a players team to we’re going to over pay our own?  Not use our leverage? Play the business side?  Goff is under contract and can be franchised twice without giving any long term commitment.  That alone would take him into his age 33 season.   I don’t think it would be in Goff’s best interest to pout about or sink his own value but coming in unprepared.  I’m suggesting this is the route I want to go.  Keeping all sides happy is in the best interest of all parties involved and locking him up would be great.  If his agent comes in looking for 4/200 However I think this card needs to played in order to achieve a fair deal.  

This is completely contrary to the environment that the Lions are looking to create and build on. We were a half of a game away from playing in the Super Bowl with a top tier offense and a struggling defense. Our QB has been playing at a top 8 level for the past 2 years.

We're not going to pay him fair value and just keep him on the tag? That doesn't align.   

9 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

This is completely contrary to the environment that the Lions are looking to create and build on. We were a half of a game away from playing in the Super Bowl with a top tier offense and a struggling defense. Our QB has been playing at a top 8 level for the past 2 years.

We're not going to pay him fair value and just keep him on the tag? That doesn't align.   

50 million a year isn’t fair value 

5 minutes ago, General Tso said:

yea, 50 is a little rich for me. Baker kind of setting the market, no way Goff has more leverage over that.

Baker went from Cleveland to Carolina to LA to Tampa. 

He was either a back-up or a spot starter until he won the starting job in TB. Most people expected the Bucs to use him as a bridge QB. Instead, they're re-signing him to bring him back as their QBOTF. 

Goff is in a very different position. 

10 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Baker went from Cleveland to Carolina to LA to Tampa. 

He was either a back-up or a spot starter until he won the starting job in TB. Most people expected the Bucs to use him as a bridge QB. Instead, they're re-signing him to bring him back as their QBOTF. 

Goff is in a very different position. 

Goff still doesn't necessarily have leverage to make more than Burrow or Lamar, though.