The Week 7 Thread: (3-3) Washington Commanders at (1-5) New York Football Giants, 1 PM CBS / GIF Theme: Little Giants

MikeT14

I think they should start Lucas at RT, Larsen at C & either Stromberg or Chris Paul at LG.

Maybe it's a coincidence but I'm not sure it is, when we went on our mid season winning streak the last 2 years Larsen was the starting center. When he got hurt in December then we played awful down the stretch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

Its pretty obvious to ME that Sam Howell is making the offensive line look worse than it is. He's almost on pace for TWICE as many sacks than Taylor Heinicke was last year. You can blame Nick Gates and Wylie all you want, but they've been professionals in this league before and their quarterbacks weren't sacked at the pace that Sam Howell is at now.  Can Sam Howell improve like Turtle28 thinks he can? Absolutely, but right now he's holding the team back. And there's nothing wrong with that. We were waving the white flag when we decided to start Howell this year anyways. 5th round QBs have something like less than a 5% chance to succeed. Only the homers on here thought he was gonna do well. 

He's short, not really athletically gifted and his arm isn't all that impressive either. He almost got Terry sent away in the ambulance on that "long" ball today. Let him play out the rest of the season and he'll let us draft his replacement. 

Almost all of this wrong. I'll give you he's not tall, but he's athletic and he has a strong arm. Today he barely had over 2seconds to throw. So yeah, Howell could be better at times but the OL is the biggest issue with the team which a lot of us thought before the season.

Our OL can't run block it's why our running game is non-existent and they can't pass block either. Sam is getting crushed on most plays within 2 seconds of him dropping back. It's actually amazing he's putting up the stats he is. I think he's top 10 in the league in passing yards and is on pace for 4,000 yards passing as a rookie.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2

Just now, mar29020 said:

Also, Ron literally set this franchise back 10 years by picking Chase when we had DWAYNE HASKINS AS QB. We couldve have Tua or Herbert. 

Hilarious considering Tua & Herbert haven't won playoff games & absolutely no one had them going #2 in the draft in 2020.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Andrew Wylie finished second worst in the league last year with 49 pressures and 9 sacks attributed to him. Yes, he’s been this bad before. Nick Gates is basically a platoon player who’s had 7 leg surgeries that were starting for some reason. Saahdiq Charles is awful and he and Andrew Wylie have collectively given up the most pressures this season which is insane. 

I really dislike the not saying nothing when he plays well stuff but immediately declaring him as a bad player when he has a rough outing. He drove his team down the field yet again after getting beat to a bloody pulp and put the ball in the receivers hands who dropped it. I also think the idea that his arm isn’t impressive is kind of off based considering most everyone grading his film says otherwise. He may not be the long term guy but he’s shown enough so far this year to say we don’t know an answer definitively either way yet. 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7ms7wmk074vabvesalk

15 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

Also, Ron literally set this franchise back 10 years by picking Chase when we had DWAYNE HASKINS AS QB. We couldve have Tua or Herbert. 

Oh now we're including Tua since he doesn't suck anymore? lol. It used to just be "we passed on Herbert"

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Oh now we're including Tua since he doesn't suck anymore? lol. It used to just be "we passed on Herbert"

On top of that Tua was coming off a dislocated hip similar to what Bo Jackson had and it was a great risk to take him. It's why he slipped to #5. 

But hey hindsight is 50/50 for these guys! 😂 

I mean the Chargers are 2-4. We are3-4 with Sam Howell in his first year starting.

Edited by turtle28

15 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Almost all of this wrong. 

Maybe maybe not SH may not be the answer but one thing we do know is all eyes are on EB.  You can't run this spread happy pass offense all game. Too many sacks again it is hard to move an offense with type of BS and think some of it is schematic. Now what does that tell you . EB is not making adjustments. He is putting to much pressure on a rookie QB. We all know Wink is coming after our QB. Now adjustments. As a matter of fact he asembled this OL and bought Wylie here I do beleive. He is is part of the problem especilally his pass happy offense.  

As lavar703 mentioned earlier we lost against a 1-5 and a 0-4 team and it is the same BS the last 5 or 6 games our team has come out sleep walking the first half. We know RR is gone. All eyes on EB amd the entire coaching staff

5 minutes ago, 4209 said:

Maybe maybe not SH may not be the answer but one thing we do know is all eyes are on EB.  You can't run this spread happy pass offense all game. Too many sacks again it is hard to move an offense with type of BS and think some of it is schematic. Now what does that tell you . EB is not making adjustments. He is putting to much pressure on a rookie QB. We all know Wink is coming after our QB. Now adjustments. As a matter of fact he asembled this OL and bought Wylie here I do beleive. He is is part of the problem especilally his pass happy offense.  

As lavar703 mentioned earlier we lost against a 1-5 and a 0-4 team and it is the same BS the last 5 or 6 games our team has come out sleep walking the first half. We know RR is gone. All eyes on EB amd the entire coaching staff

I agree with most of this, but the OL is more on Rivera than EB. Everyone on the OL was signed or drafted by Rivera. The only one you can point to being an EB guy is Wylie but even then, Rivera agreed to sign him when he could’ve rolled with Lucas as the starting RT again and drafted a RT like Dewad Jones in R3.

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

On top of that Tua was coming off a dislocated hip similar to what Bo Jackson had and it was a great risk to take him. It's why he slipped to #5. 

But hey hindsight is 50/50 for these guys! 😂 

I mean the Chargers are 2-4. We are3-4 with Sam Howell in his first year starting.

I loved Tua as a player but Haskins was coming off of his best starts of the season. Had Haskins finished the season looking awful it would've made more sense but he showed real promise. In hindsight, sure you'd take Herbert or Tua but Hebert was never even a consideration. I know there was talk of Rivera loving Tua but the injury was serious and you weren't sure if you were getting the Tua pre-injury. Also, Chase Young was an absolute monster. This year we're starting to see more of that guy and today he was an animal so that makes me happy.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 4209 said:

MOD EDIT: Can’t have this link here.  I am OK if the language is bleeped out, but the forum rules still count for embedded content like this, so we have to watch language 

-naptownskinsfan

If I’m being honest, I’m tired of hearing this from Jon Allen. He’s said similar things for 6 years just w/o the cursing. He a captain on the team so the play of the team is a reflection of him also. 

Also, Allen had the chance to leave via free agency but he chose to re-sign and get paid over $20 mil a year.

I don’t feel sorry for him. He needs to work to fix the issues.