National Tight Ends Day

adamq

Our Rookie is coming on strong past few weeks - Mayer. Was such a beast in college.

But happy TE day to the greats. Gronk, Tony G… Antonio Gates. Many many great TEs. Kelce will be the best when it’s all said and done. But if we are talking about TE’s in their prime, no one will ever be better than Gronk. 

I will also die on the hill thinking Kittle is the most underrated TE of all time. Shanahan just does not utilize his TE as much as other offensive guys. But Kittle is the most efficient TE to ever do it if you look at his efficiency metrics. Put Kittle on the Chiefs and it’s the same result. Kittle is a monster. 

• Like 1

When Greg Olsen said in a recent commercial that tight end is the most underrated position, my first thought was "They only gave them their own f---ing HOLIDAY!" Yeah, I know it was just a scripted line Olsen had to say.

But Olsen was really good. When Mike Martz was the OC of the Bears, he made himself a legend in Chicago (for stupidity) when he convinced the GM to trade Olsen because Martz thought tight ends should only be blockers and considered his TE as the third OT. That made his offense even worse than it already was. He literally would have done the same thing if he inherited an offense with Rob Gronkowski or Travis Kelce. What a moron. 

• Like 2

On 10/20/2023 at 10:03 PM, Mr.UFO said:

But Olsen was really good. When Mike Martz was the OC of the Bears, he made himself a legend in Chicago (for stupidity) when he convinced the GM to trade Olsen because Martz thought tight ends should only be blockers and considered his TE as the third OT. That made his offense even worse than it already was. He literally would have done the same thing if he inherited an offense with Rob Gronkowski or Travis Kelce. What a moron. 

I remember people being alarmed when Richard Vermeil went to KC because the scheme minimized tight ends and people were worried about Gonzalez production. Vermeil is a much better coach than Martz and Tony G was just fine.

I told my wife it was National Tight Ends Day and she squeezed my butt and smiled 

Travis Kelce's girlfriend probably needs Kelce's mother or Mahomes's wife to tell her if something good just happened so she knows when to cheer.

I want an NFL head coach to date Pretenders lead singer Chrissie Hynde. They could show her sitting in the stands and nobody under 50 years old would know who she is. LOL