TRADE DEADLINE

JustPlainNasty

I hear you on some of that @Steeler Hitman, and my apologies if this is rambling, dealing with a nasty sinus infection off an 9 hour flight.  But I think DJ is a guy who just needs a change of scenery.  I hear you on the others haven’t shown it, but it’s not like we go from being a Taurus to a Ferrari with him.  We more from from a Pinto to a DeLorian.  Looks cool but goes nowhere and is still a crap car.  Just rip the bandaid off now.

In the long run it would be best to move on from him.  Get a 2nd/3rd now (maybe a 1st if you can convince someone like KC) instead of either letting him finish his contract for a compensatory 3rd at best or keeping him and blocking us from improving that positional group.

Interesting how a single win seemingly changes so much.  The Broncos and Titans who seemed open for business, win one game and suddenly “aren’t taking calls”.  I think the NFL needs to look to expand the trade deadline another 2 weeks.  

On the flip side, I think that the teams need to work on getting savvier at trades.  They’ve gotten better but so many teams still have no clue.  For Denver to be like “we got this” being as far back as they are is killing the trade market.  Additionally the expended playoffs to 7 teams means more teams are there.

If the playoffs were today it would be KC, MIA, JAX, BAL as division winners, BUF, PIT, CLE as wild cards.  But Denver, the second worst team in the conference, is literally 2 games out of it.  

11 hours ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Dan Moore is desirable if healthy but then we have no real good depth behind starters. Id rather trade Chuks at this point though. 

Mitch do whatever you can to get rid of him. 

If you could trade Naj I absolutely would but team/ Tomlin wouldnt do it. 

Levi and Sullivan are available to anybody that asks.. Old Sully got beat again yesterday.

but now Moore re-injured his knee so he can't get traded OR  play . Not a good move to play him

chuks needs to go 

Mitch probably shouldn't be a QB2 for anyone in the NFL , might be better in the CFL where he can throw at risk more often

I would trade najee but agree that tomlin won't.  They need the OL to get fixed , any RB will suffer here as it is najee or anyone. Trading najee makes sense if he would net a decent pick and sicne he probably will be gone anyways.

but why care about this until major changes are made. More of the same,  really won't make much improvement

7 hours ago, warfelg said:

Moore isn’t a swing tackle.  He’s a LT only with interior ability.  I’d take a 4th conditional 5th for him.

DJ is the one that needs to move.  I don’t agree with the earlier post someone said that it’s ‘giving up’ on the season.  It’s getting value for someone who isn’t a long term part for you.

He practiced some at RT in TC if I remember correctly. If I’m wrong corrext me.

Just now, AFF said:

He practiced some at RT in TC if I remember correctly. If I’m wrong corrext me.

He did his rookie year. And some in the game Chuks got hurt. But it was a disaster both times. His right leg kicks to high leading to a large off balance step that his left leg isn’t strong enough to push to. His alternative position is IOL where he can take smaller steps, use his strength, and have more help. 

7 hours ago, jebrick said:

I would like to point out that Washington is not on the field in 2 TE sets that are going to be passing plays.  Washington is like a baby giraffe in his slowness coming out of his stance and getting into the routes.  If KP had 3-4 seconds to throw then maybe.

Ive kind of said this all along. Washington is a plodder and even though our offense is a debacle, putting him in on routes makes for kind of a clunkiness in the machine of things. You can see the same exact thing when it comes to Woods in Indy. Its hard to see them as part of the "orchestration" of the offense. I think some OC gonna figure it out but in watching Woods, could see how it kind of took them out of everything else they wanted to do.  I know it seems weird especially in the Red Zone / End Zone youd think they can figure that out or sacrifice for what is gained.

8 hours ago, jebrick said:

No one wants the Steeler's garbage.  DJ might have value but it would be a 3rd at best.

claypool trade, remember that xD

7 hours ago, warfelg said:

Also I’m sorry but Diontae saying the refs were on the take yesterday is a final straw to me.

would it be preferred to have the coach chew out the refs, and keep the players 'professional' and conduct correct and keep quiet  when it comes to the refs? I would think so but players do speak a bit more now via social media so perhaps that bleeds over.  Maybe footlocker  rejects apply here.

3 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

would it be preferred to have the coach chew out the refs, and keep the players 'professional' and conduct correct and keep quiet  when it comes to the refs?

Yes. Players job is to play. Coaches job is to manage the game. 

Edited by warfelg

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

thats how I viewed it but I am not with the times sometimes.  Tomlin did voice digust a bit when letting steam off at the female ref, but he should really have gone off and made a scene.  Maybe thats why they have more refs like that so the coaches won't go off as much. Everyone has to behave now or they get fines  etc.   Sometimes a coach should snap like Ditka , it has to be done to get the point across and to put the refs in their place. Throw the hat down, stomp it and spit some chew too. 

37 minutes ago, warfelg said:

DJ shouldve been the last one questioning, but its a hell of a cover for a guy that could be questioned about his play in that game in the same way .. 

Kind of like a significant other questioning you all the time about cheating etc because of the things & behaviors they do. 

• Like 1