Saints Film Study

Dome

He does a great job. I would like to pull him over here a bit. 

The 2017 Saints aren’t the 2017 Saints without Alvin Kamara. His loss was enormous Thursday. Yes...we should have probably won anyway...but I don’t think that the game is even in contest with Kamara. We have to get him back and keep him healthy. 

22 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

He does a great job. I would like to pull him over here a bit. 

The 2017 Saints aren’t the 2017 Saints without Alvin Kamara. His loss was enormous Thursday. Yes...we should have probably won anyway...but I don’t think that the game is even in contest with Kamara. We have to get him back and keep him healthy. 

Gotta watch more Jones tape. Some people were saying he's dirty and always targets the head. I'm gonna have to see it for myself before I jump on that train though. 

2 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Gotta watch more Jones tape. Some people were saying he's dirty and always targets the head. I'm gonna have to see it for myself before I jump on that train though. 

Dee-bo isnt a dirty player... Hes a physical player and always has been. Hes a great dude too. I got to know both he and Duke Riley when both guys were standouts in the NOLA area high school area (Jones at Jesuit and Riley at John Curtis). Both went on to LSU and sadly then to ATL. Yes the Kamara hit was bad for us but lets hold the phone on the dirty player talk. 

Fine line between dirty and physical and by my own personal experience interacting with both players and also people that know them well I can asure you that these are class acts all be it very physical football players.

By the way... Never thought id come to the defense of a Falcons player let alone 2! Lol

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

Sounds like reckless is a better word then.

His style of play can be considered that... Sure but remember he was a one year starter at LSU so hes still refining his game.

Both he and Kamara play a collision position and Jones is a physical linebaker with 4.3 speed, who delievers hits with bad intentions. Inevitable that somethinf like this would happen.

Look at it this way... I would argue that outsode of the issue with the refs and injuries, the Saints still would have won that game had Jones not been on the Falcons. His hit on Kamara and his INT at the end of the game are the 2 biggest reasons the Saints lost... Isnt that the type of athletic playmaking LB that were craving for now?

The comment in a different thread about Jones being a dirty player... that was me. I'll own it and I stand by it. He single-handedly took out two Saints players (both helmet-to-helmet hits resulting in concussions). I realize that the game in general is violent and injuries happen. Here's my question/concern?

With 3 former DC's on Atlanta, why doesn't Jones tackle safer? Both, for himself and others. Yes, Jones is athletic...no question. He hits with a purpose... no question. If the NFL is truly about reducing TBI, Jones needs to be fined so the message can be sent. Bottom line!

The thing is, all his hits could and would yield in stops if he tackled with shoulder pads vs. helmet-to-helmet.

Archived