HC McDaniels and GM Ziegler fired

NickButera

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Quality was perfect very meaty flavor and not salty like the store bought. Had to liquid marinade that thing over night to make it edible lol. Didn’t come out super tender but was easy to slice/ bite through. Quality A1 tho 

Hell yeah. I’ll have to look into picking one up and trying it out with. I would worry about it being tough so that is good to hear. Definitely gonna marinate that thing for at least a day. 

1 minute ago, FloydFan said:

Hell yeah. I’ll have to look into picking one up and trying it out with. I would worry about it being tough so that is good to hear. Definitely gonna marinate that thing for at least a day. 

Pulled it off at 150deg wrapped it in foil and threw it back on for another 1hr. Prolly would never do that cut again tho lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Quality was perfect very meaty flavor and not salty like the store bought. Had to liquid marinade that thing over night to make it edible lol. Didn’t come out super tender but was easy to slice/ bite through. Quality A1 tho 

Sounds delicious! 

You guys know how to do meat and BBQ 😄

On 11/12/2023 at 9:45 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

I hated that.

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if McDaniels is on the spectrum for some antisocial complex of some kind. Super focused on a specific type of job, rigid in application, not good with human relationships, doesn't take criticism well, etc. Just makes me wonder.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, FloydFan said:

I tend to use the cut for a nice roast sometimes too. It's good for a slicing roast as opposed to a pulling one.

I chopped up some potatoes threw um in the air fryer then chopped up the round in cubes and threw that in. Bomb af. Surprised leftovers aren’t that tough. I actually might try the cut again 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I chopped up some potatoes threw um in the air fryer then chopped up the round in cubes and threw that in. Bomb af. Surprised leftovers aren’t that tough. I actually might try the cut again 

Alright that’s what I like to hear. I may have to run by my butcher before the weekend. 

On 11/15/2023 at 1:39 PM, NCOUGHMAN said:

Liquid marinade with lime juice saved it Imo 

I should throw my hat in this ring, we just did a brisket to absolute perfection 2 weeks ago, and I made my smoked Mac n cheese, with cold smoked 3 different flavors of yellow and white cheddar + a little sautéed onions and red peppers + both bacons (reg and Canadian) yes, I will definitely toot my horn about my Mac n cheese recipe. Lol. Took the leftover brisket and turned it into “Texas twinkies” too!! 👍👍 I absolutely love my pellet smoker, been the best smoker/bbq I’ve ever owned (and fwiw I loved my Weber.lol) wish I could post pics, I’ve done 3 kinds of bird, butts, ribs, brisket, tri-tip, pork loin, kabobs and even smoked salmon (cold and hot both.lol) I worked in kitchens for 20+ years btw....👍😈😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devilshark69 said:

I should throw my hat in this ring, we just did a brisket to absolute perfection 2 weeks ago, and I made my smoked Mac n cheese, with cold smoked 3 different flavors of yellow and white cheddar + a little sautéed onions and red peppers + both bacons (reg and Canadian) yes, I will definitely toot my horn about my Mac n cheese recipe. Lol. Took the leftover brisket and turned it into “Texas twinkies” too!! 👍👍 I absolutely love my pellet smoker, been the best smoker/bbq I’ve ever owned (and fwiw I loved my Weber.lol) wish I could post pics, I’ve done 3 kinds of bird, butts, ribs, brisket, tri-tip, pork loin, kabobs and even smoked salmon (cold and hot both.lol) I worked in kitchens for 20+ years btw....👍😈😁

My man that sounds like absolute 🔥🔥🔥 I’m big on brisket so always love hearing about people’s different methods. I still prefer a stack smoker with a side hatch to a pellet one but I do want to get a pellet one for convenience as well. Sometimes you just can’t dedicate a whole day of supervision to it!

1 hour ago, Devilshark69 said:

We are not worthy lol

i been wanting to smoke some Mac  n cheese