Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

The lengths national guys are taking to not say the word OC as confirmed with Greg Roman & Chargers leads me to believe he's coming in as an assistant & Run game coordinator.   Which would be a good role for him, just don't let him anywhere near play-calling or any pass game design.

The weird thing is that there's literally been no actual talk of OC outside of 1 interview with Marcus Brady, who they then signed as pass game coordinator.

It’s so confusing honestly. Like look at these separate sources.

Just now, notthatbluestuff said:

Bold prediction: Washington fans will be back to complaining about their terrible ownership within two years. Not being Snyder only gets you so much goodwill.

I'm not sure this is coming from ownership. This stuff sounds like people who are closer to the actual hiring. Personally don't think that a business venture group would really be that invested in this particular war of words. 

I've heard very little from the Harris group regarding the devils since they have owned the team. 

25 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Bold prediction: Washington fans will be back to complaining about their terrible ownership within two years. Not being Snyder only gets you so much goodwill.

What else is going on or coming out? 

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

Some new stuff from The Athletic.

Ah, gotcha. Not too much different than stuff we talked about last Tuesday or whatever where it was a little off-putting to do that when they're on the plane to you, but we've already discussed it ad nauseum. 

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Ah, gotcha. Not too much different than stuff we talked about last Tuesday or whatever where it was a little off-putting to do that when they're on the plane to you, but we've already discussed it ad nauseum. 

Yeah, the odd thing is that it's still coming out. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jameson_Neat said:

Yeah, the odd thing is that it's still coming out. 

True, but it's a smaller anecdote in a larger article, right? It wasn't an article to just be a hit piece on BJ, but about the whole process that led to Dan Quinn. 

7 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Bigger problem is that, according to that article and the one from Breer, the Commanders team in the air found out over X, about 10-15 minutes before contact from Johnson’s team.  

Thats where the Johnson camp is getting shredded apart by people in front offices.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Bigger problem is that, according to that article and the one from Breer, the Commanders team in the air found out over X, about 10-15 minutes before contact from Johnson’s team.  

Thats where the Johnson camp is getting shredded apart by people in front offices.  

I guess the new thing is finding out from twitter first, but still, nothing else overly new learned I guess. And I like mentioned - small piece of the article. 

I could definitely see Ben Johnson to the Cowboys in 2025, though the lack of ties to Jerry (Jason) or prior HC experience (Wade, Bill, Mike) make it a bit unorthodox.  The likelihood of us going with an offensive guy like him over a defensive guy though is high.  Also don't see Jerry giving two hoots about how Ben handled his DC interviews

6 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yeah but they were still flying there anyways to interview Glenn right? So what’s the problem then?

2 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

I could definitely see Ben Johnson to the Cowboys in 2025, though the lack of ties to Jerry (Jason) or prior HC experience (Wade, Bill, Mike) make it a bit unorthodox.  The likelihood of us going with an offensive guy like him over a defensive guy though is high.  Also don't see Jerry giving two hoots about how Ben handled his DC interviews

That... would sting. 

10 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Yeah but they were still flying there anyways to interview Glenn right? So what’s the problem then?

It's been a wild ride over there in Ashburn. To think this is all probably due to spotty WiFi and/or a miscommunication in itinerary.