Antonio Pierce named HC

NCOUGHMAN

33 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

What evidence is there AP changed the personnel? It's Graham's defense.

The reason Koonce wasn't playing is because he's not a good run defender. They mentioned recently that it's finally clicked for him technique wise. Props to Rob Leonard for getting him there. Now he needs to improve against the run. 

You didn’t know that DE rotations and picking up CBs on waivers are the main focus of the HC? Hell the main reason the defense has improved is because of the LB coach too.

Just now, NYRaider said:

The lack of context people consider when judging AP is strange too. He’s John madden Jr for going 1-3 over the most important stretch of the season. 

middle on Nov to middle of Dec is the most important stretch? 
weird not just say Nov and Dec? 

Id argue December, Jan are the most important stretch. 
he is 1-1 with 3 games to be played... 

These 3 games are more important than any game played in Nov. Do you honestly disagree with that?

32 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

The Anti AP crowd, I've noticed largely being McDaniels' lost children, don't want him around because he's a constant reminder that an interim HC promoted mid year coming off a 1 year stint as a positional coach of one of our weakest DEFENSIVE units, with no other NFL coaching experience, and a far from impressive resume was able to get equal or better results from this squad than their papa and his "resume".  

Nah I’ve just seen Reid, McDaniel, and Vikings HC coach circles around him and want a legitimate coach that can help a franchise QB. Beating Easton stick doesn’t do it for me personally. 

Just now, BackinBlack said:

middle on Nov to middle of Dec is the most important stretch? 
weird not just say Nov and Dec? 

Id argue December, Jan are the most important stretch. 
he is 1-1 with 3 games to be played... 

These 3 games are more important than any game played in Nov. Do you honestly disagree with that?

We were 5-5 with a chance to solidify ourself as a playoff contender and went 1-3. Even Adams has said they have nothing to play for except pride now because of how the last month transpired…

Just now, NYRaider said:

We were 5-5 with a chance to solidify ourself as a playoff contender and went 1-3. Even Adams has said they have nothing to play for except pride now because of how the last month transpired…

context right, you give no props for beating bad teams... we played two amazing AFC teams in that stretch. 
If you are going to wipe out the jets giants for being bad, is there a reason in your mind we cant also say miami KC are also just way better than us? 
The vikigns game is a massive problem, there is no doubt there. 

but i dont understand how you can say they coached circles around us... they scored 3 points. 
Both Ds coached circles around the opposing Os, but I dont think the vikes Offense had anything to celebrate that day. 

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

context right, you give no props for beating bad teams... we played two amazing AFC teams in that stretch. 
If you are going to wipe out the jets giants for being bad, is there a reason in your mind we cant also say miami KC are also just way better than us? 
The vikigns game is a massive problem, there is no doubt there. 

but i dont understand how you can say they coached circles around us... they scored 3 points. 
Both Ds coached circles around the opposing Os, but I dont think the vikes Offense had anything to celebrate that day. 

They had one thing to celebrate that they scored more points than us. AP master plan out of the bye resulted in 0 points.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

They had one thing to celebrate that they scored more points than us. AP master plan out of the bye resulted in 0 points.

its extremely concerning. Our O is very problematic, and costing us a chance at the playoffs. 
someone demanded and celebrated us getting the GOAT at QB, and it cost this team the season. 

that is not APs fault. That is JMDs fault. We are now throwing a 4th round rookie QB into the fire, because your boy freaking sucked. It is very tough to win with a rookie QB... even tougher with a raw, non elite qb prospect. 
you want to blame someone for this season, look in the mirror, and realize this is Jimmys fault. he was absolutely horrific, and we are now playing a 4th round QB.
what did you expect? him to just be the next brady? Of course our O is going to struggle. 

I think the D showed some promise that game, but apparently allowing 3 is getting coached circles around. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You mean like your sorry arse who can't admit the defense has been playing well under Graham. Saying they will be a bottom 5 unit next year.

So you want to hire AP and then what? Keep what you say will be a bottom 5 DC? That's the master plan?

Maybe sit this one out.  

Hi there, love. I knew you just wouldn't be able to help yourself. 

#rentfree

48 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I stand by what I said. 3 wins max and he needs a signature win again a good opponent to earn the job. 

Beat KC, then let him have his shot next year.

And I'm confused @NCOUGHMAN who's posted that same youtube video about JMDs staff several times and others want AP to be coach, but are at the same time bashing the offensive staff that likely will be retained. 

Or are we hoping AP is the coach and weeds out all the JMD guys? Help me out here. Part of my issue with hiring AP is being stuck with the offensive staff they have now. 

What, you don't like your dad's sloppy seconds anymore?

Look, I know you had your obsession with Joshua and have been left out in the cold, but you just gonna not go to bat for any of his former staff either? You said he, and by extension they, deserved at least 3 years. 

Maybe you should sit this one out. 

Edited by ronjon1990

23 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

its extremely concerning. Our O is very problematic, and costing us a chance at the playoffs. 
someone demanded and celebrated us getting the GOAT at QB, and it cost this team the season. 

that is not APs fault. That is JMDs fault. We are now throwing a 4th round rookie QB into the fire, because your boy freaking sucked. It is very tough to win with a rookie QB... even tougher with a raw, non elite qb prospect. 
you want to blame someone for this season, look in the mirror, and realize this is Jimmys fault. he was absolutely horrific, and we are now playing a 4th round QB.
what did you expect? him to just be the next brady?
Of course our O is going to struggle. 

I think the D showed some promise that game, but apparently allowing 3 is getting coached circles around. 

I personally don't see AOC as a franchise guy, but I wonder if people would change their tune on him had they taken him in the 1st. 

Because a lot of people bitching about the offense right now are the ones who want to blindly give up the farm to go grab a rookie QB each and every year. 

Can't wait to see how quick they turn on whoever we draft this year once it beco.es clear that we're just not "just a QB away" and the rookie struggles. 

Currently taking bets on the fan base turning on a rookie QB next year faster than BP turned on Joshua McDaddy. 

7 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I personally don't see AOC as a franchise guy, but I wonder if people would change their tune on him had they taken him in the 1st. 

Because a lot of people bitching about the offense right now are the ones who want to blindly give up the farm to go grab a rookie QB each and every year. 

Can't wait to see how quick they turn on whoever we draft this year once it beco.es clear that we're just not "just a QB away" and the rookie struggles. 

Currently taking bets on the fan base turning on a rookie QB next year faster than BP turned on Joshua McDaddy. 

unless we end up with either Maye or Caleb, (and maybe not even theyd be free of it), there will be preconceived thoughts of our next QB. 

I get it, its tough when you get someone you dont like... me with Jimmy this year, it was tough, but hopefully we can all just understand whoever our next rookie qb is, is going to make mistakes. and even if its someone you hated in the process, hopefully we all just give him time and root for him to become his best. 
versus just complaining for 3 years till we draft again

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

what did you expect? him to just be the next brady? Of course our O is going to struggle. 

So the defensive leap should be credited to AP, the LB coach that was a miserable DC in college, particularly after he became head coach. But the offense being terrible with elite players has nothing to do with AP at all. Gotcha.

No one can give me any reason as to why AP legitimately deserves to be the head coach, other than his "swag" and the fact that we beat Easton Stick. 1-3 in the biggest stretch of the season isn't good enough for me.

24 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

AOC has been absolutely mid and is already older than Jalen Hurts and Justin Herbert. If we took him in the first round it would've been 3-4 years ago.

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

The Anti AP crowd, I've noticed largely being McDaniels' lost children, don't want him around because he's a constant reminder that an interim HC promoted mid year coming off a 1 year stint as a positional coach of one of our weakest DEFENSIVE units, with no other NFL coaching experience, and a far from impressive resume was able to get equal or better results from this squad than their papa and his "resume". 

The pro AP / Kelly / Bo / PG crowd love JMD so much that they think 4 guys that he hired are the ones that should lead this team into the future.