Antonio Pierce named HC

NCOUGHMAN

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

It was obvious from the jump that AP was going to get the job. I don't think any candidate was dumb enough to tell Mark they'd rather hire someone else, lol.

Yeh I think Mark wanted to try and rectify a perceived ‘wrong’ with Rich Bisaccia and probably the shortlist was influenced heavily by their feelings on AP.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

He lucked into a pick with Herbert. He was the obvious selection. They were hoping Tua but Miami chose him instead. Tua under Anthony Lynn and Brandon Staley would have busted badly. 

He just sat on his hands in the draft 

You may want to research Bill Polian and educate yourself on how that tree operates.

While Telesco is far from perfect, he nailed the first draft in a decade and shored up the hole at DT. He's done enough for me to feel encouraged with him. 

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

How many guys on defense have 1 year contracts or need contract extensions going into their final year next season?

Telesco hasn’t given no extension to anyone

How many are actually worth one? And it's week 6. Hand out extensions when the season is over to who is healthy and actually needs extended. Right now, Spillane is the only one worth a damn. 

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You may want to research Bill Polian and educate yourself on how that tree operates.

While Telesco is far from perfect, he nailed the first draft in a decade and shored up the hole at DT. He's done enough for me to feel encouraged with him. 

6 games in and you’re convinced he nailed the draft? Not the bp who says you can’t judge rookies until year 3. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The OL is still absolutely cheeks though so can we really praise JPJ and Glaze?

They are rookies playing well and look like good for the future. 

Oline play sucks across the NFL. This isn't exclusive to the Raiders. The biggest question is if Kolton Miller can return to form. He was average before injuries started taking a toll.

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

6 games in and you’re convinced he nailed the draft? Not the bp who says you can’t judge rookies until year 3. 

You can judge them if they standout early, which they have. Brock is on record pace. And the two young guys on the Oline look better than the vets in that group. 

Long way from the drafts we saw the last 10 year wouldn't you agree?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

They are rookies playing well and look like good for the future. 

Oline play sucks across the NFL. This isn't exclusive to the Raiders. The biggest question is if Kolton Miller can return to form. He was average before injuries started taking a toll.

Them being two of the main cogs on one of the worst OL in football doesn't give me a ton of enthusiasm that we just absolutely knocked it out of the park though

3 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Brock Bowers is most certainly an upgrade on offense 

We added two OL early 

Generational TE 

Veteran QB that played well last season

Before the year everyone was hyped on Minshew, Zamir and the other moves that we made. Now everyone wants to act like the moves were always terrible.

• Like 2

Just now, NYRaider said:

We added two OL early 

Generational TE 

Veteran QB that played well last season

Before the year everyone was hyped on Minshew, Zamir and the other moves that we made. Now everyone wants to act like the moves were always terrible.

It’s just certain posters trying to protect and glaze AP. Put all blame on the GM and try and save their saint of mids. 

• Like 1

Just now, FloydFan said:

It’s just certain posters trying to protect and glaze AP. Put all blame on the GM and try and save their saint of mids. 

I mean realistically is there a significant difference between our roster from this season compared to last season?

Offensively it's pretty much the same with the additions of Minshew/Mattison/Bowers and the loss of Jacobs.

Defensively it's pretty much the same with the addition of Christian Wilkins. 

They were able to win 8 games last year despite the roster flaws and mid QB play. 

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

I mean realistically is there a significant difference between our roster from this season compared to last season?

Offensively it's pretty much the same with the additions of Minshew/Mattison/Bowers and the loss of Jacobs.

Defensively it's pretty much the same with the addition of Christian Wilkins. 

They were able to win 8 games last year despite the roster flaws and mid QB play. 

Absolutely. I get the injuries argument for sure but it’s not like the roster is any worse than last year outside of that. 

1 minute ago, FloydFan said:

Absolutely. I get the injuries argument for sure but it’s not like the roster is any worse than last year outside of that. 

They played with so much energy, especially defensively, last year after AP took over. But it has been night and day this year, we have zero discipline defensively, can't tackle, can't stop the run, can't force opposing teams into mistakes. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

They played with so much energy, especially defensively, last year after AP took over. But it has been night and day this year, we have zero discipline defensively, can't tackle, can't stop the run, can't force opposing teams into mistakes. 

Yeah I can’t put my finger on what happened and I’m sure injuries have played a part in it but I also just don’t see this team coming out energized or cohesive at all. 

• Like 1