Antonio Pierce named HC

NCOUGHMAN

1 minute ago, FloydFan said:

Yeah I can’t put my finger on what happened and I’m sure injuries have played a part in it but I also just don’t see this team coming out energized or cohesive at all. 

They feasted on a bunch of bad teams at the end of the year and now teams have tape on what PG wants to do.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Brock Bowers is most certainly an upgrade on offense 

Telesco has 3 college centers playing on the interior. Brings back a painfully average Center who getting obliterated in the run game

Who else is a upgrade? There’s more downgrades than upgrades. 

Jacobs to White/AA/Mattison/Laube -MAJOR DOWNGRADE 

Right Tackle- JE to Munford/Glaze - Downgrade 

Van Roten to Whitehair, Downgrade

Minshew = Jimmy G. GM is better than Jimmy G but without a run game or protection he is not good like Jimmy 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Telesco has 3 college centers playing on the interior. Brings back a painfully average Center who getting obliterated in the run game

Minshew = Jimmy G. GM is better than Jimmy G but without a run game or protection he is not good like Jimmy 

JPJ is an upgrade over Van Rotten

Bowers is an obvious upgrade over Mayer

Minshew is supposed to be a slight upgrade

I'd say Glaze/Munford is a push with JE

The only position we got significantly worse at is RB

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

JPJ is an upgrade to Parham at LG. Let’s not act he’s playing at an all pro level or anything

Parham at RG is still playing out of position from his draft position 

We replaced one of the best RBs in the NFL with average 

Jacobs only played in 5/9 games after AP took over. In those 5 games we went 2-3 with Jacobs rushing for 397 yards (3.9 ypc) and 3 TD. 

In the 4 games without Jacobs we went 3-1 with Zamir White rushing for 398 yards (4.7 ypc) and 1 TD. 

3 hours ago, Chali21 said:

He’s 7-8 now right? Does anyone think he makes the bye week if they drop the next two?

Give him to Black Monday on paper. No sense getting canned into someone like Marvin Lewis as interim finishing the season off strong enough to warrant any second looks. 

But the decision that he won't be back needs to have already been made. 

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Give him to Black Monday on paper. No sense getting canned into someone like Marvin Lewis as interim finishing the season off strong enough to warrant any second looks. 

But the decision that he won't be back needs to have already been made. 

That's another issue for our coaching staff, if you fire AP the interim options aren't much better. And if they fire Getsy we don't have anyone else on the staff that has ever called plays. 

What if they rally up and make the playoffs? I kid. But I agree, it will take an absolute miracle to turn this thing around, we're only in week 6 and it seems like the team has quit.

I'd say no chance AP is fired during the season. If things don't get better I do think there is a chance Getsy gets the axe. Scott Turner or Joe Philbin could call plays. I know it won't change much but Luke Getsy seriously is an awful play caller. I feel like he has no sense of anything, he just calls random plays.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

You said there were no upgrades. I merely pointed one obvious one out. Don’t make sweeping grandiose statements that are obviously false. 

53 minutes ago, raidersedge said:

I'd say no chance AP is fired during the season. If things don't get better I do think there is a chance Getsy gets the axe. Scott Turner or Joe Philbin could call plays. I know it won't change much but Luke Getsy seriously is an awful play caller. I feel like he has no sense of anything, he just calls random plays.

I kid you not, my Brazilian girlfriend finally got into football this year because of the game in Rio. She wanted me to teach her about it, so we popped in Madden so I could use replay, slow mo, etc. Really broke some stuff down for her. 

By the time we played a game, she was calling a more sensible game than Getsy has. Too competitive to let her win, and controlling players on a game is far from real life, but she had a pretty solid grasp of when to call a run, a pass, switch out of a play....and she barely understands the rules behind football. 

Getsy is proof that it doesn't take some special talent to make it as a coach. He was just in a position to spend a year or two as a grad assistant and jump.around the country a bit for jobs. I know high school coaches that are undeniably better play callers than Getsy, but for one reason or another decided to stay in their hometown or wherever instead of chasing jobs. My high school position coach (DBs) was almost poached by a few big programs, but turned them down. His wife's parents were pretty old and already in a care home, and she was largely responsible for her disabled sister, and uprooting off to wherever just wasn't feasible. He wound up eventually retiring from the school district and never went further in coaching, but clearly could have.