Week 9: Hawks @ ‘Vens

Ray Reed

30 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The problem with Justice Hiil is the more we use him, the more we're gonna fumble a mesh point handoff because he can't figure it out.

Yeah it's a problem. But I'd rather have Hill fumble the exchange in the regular season and save Mitchell for the playoffs rather than have Mitchell get injured in the regular season and have Hill fumble the exchange in the playoffs. 

I'm not sure we can go forward and just assume Mitchell will stay healthy with a normal load given how frequently he's been injured so far. 

16 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

@Ray Reed On the offensive side it was nice to see Likely maximize his opportunities in this one too. We all thought he would be a bigger piece this season because of Monken's Georgia TE usage, but he's taken somewhat of a backseat to the WRs thus far. 

Agreed. Hope that gets him going a bit. Was also a big game for Marlon’s confidence imo. We seem to be hitting our stride…2-1 in the next 3 against Cle/Cin/Lac is a task but if we can pull that off and be 9-3 at the bye we’ll be fighting for the bye until the last week of the season IMO

• Like 1

On 11/6/2023 at 3:32 PM, AngusMcFife said:

Yeah it's a problem. But I'd rather have Hill fumble the exchange in the regular season and save Mitchell for the playoffs rather than have Mitchell get injured in the regular season and have Hill fumble the exchange in the playoffs. 

I'm not sure we can go forward and just assume Mitchell will stay healthy with a normal load given how frequently he's been injured so far. 

I can't really envision Harbaugh playing a rookie UDFA in the playoffs without him getting higher stakes reps in the stretch run. Still too much of the season left, anyways, and too much variance left in terms of where we can end up in the playoff race to talk about bubble wrapping Mitchell IMO.

Better to unleash him, let him fully earn Harbaugh's trust ahead of January, and hopefully play a big role in solidifying a division title and maybe even HFA throughout the playoffs.

On 11/8/2023 at 1:18 PM, SalvadorsDeli said:

I can't really envision Harbaugh playing a rookie UDFA in the playoffs without him getting higher stakes reps in the stretch run. Still too much of the season left, anyways, and too much variance left in terms of where we can end up in the playoff race to talk about bubble wrapping Mitchell IMO.

Better to unleash him, let him fully earn Harbaugh's trust ahead of January, and hopefully play a big role in solidifying a division title and maybe even HFA throughout the playoffs.

Keaton Mitchell back on the injury report and is questionable. 

IDK... He plays in preseason and gets hurt... he plays 2 snaps in a game and gets hurt... he carries the ball 9 times and gets hurt... 

I just don't think he's gonna last the season. 

3 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

Keaton Mitchell back on the injury report and is questionable. 

IDK... He plays in preseason and gets hurt... he plays 2 snaps in a game and gets hurt... he carries the ball 9 times and gets hurt... 

I just don't think he's gonna last the season. 

If he's not gonna last he's not gonna last. You can't "save" a rookie RB for the playoffs.