Week 9 thoughts / GDT

Mid Iowa

23 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

The Vikings will be a good test, as they are about middle of the road statistically, both offense and defense points/drive.  Should be an interesting game.

we too could have several more wins if a few plays had gone the other way for us in three of our four losses.

it's a game of inches.

Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas was placed in a police car after a building contractor in his neighborhood said Thomas pushed him and threatened him over where his vehicle was parked.

It is unclear if Thomas was arrested. The Saints have confirmed they are aware of the incident and gathering more details.

The contractor, Luis Cifuentes, told WDSU in New Orleans that on Friday at about 5:30 p.m., Thomas threw two bricks at his truck and pushed him over.

Cifuentes said he is the project manager for a home being built near Thomas’s home, and that Thomas complained that the construction crew was parking their vehicles on the street. Cifuentes says Thomas made threatening comments including that Cifuentes’ car would get a “brick or a bullet” if he parked where Thomas told him not to.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/michael-thomas-placed-in-police-car-after-allegedly-pushing-threatening-contractor

you guys have some real sweethearts on your team, lol.

6 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas was placed in a police car after a building contractor in his neighborhood said Thomas pushed him and threatened him over where his vehicle was parked.

It is unclear if Thomas was arrested. The Saints have confirmed they are aware of the incident and gathering more details.

The contractor, Luis Cifuentes, told WDSU in New Orleans that on Friday at about 5:30 p.m., Thomas threw two bricks at his truck and pushed him over.

Cifuentes said he is the project manager for a home being built near Thomas’s home, and that Thomas complained that the construction crew was parking their vehicles on the street. Cifuentes says Thomas made threatening comments including that Cifuentes’ car would get a “brick or a bullet” if he parked where Thomas told him not to.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/michael-thomas-placed-in-police-car-after-allegedly-pushing-threatening-contractor

you guys have some real sweethearts on your team, lol.

Not the smartest way to handle it, but if the contractors were instigating it, I don't really blame him.

2 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Not the smartest way to handle it, but if the contractors were instigating it, I don't really blame him.

are you kidding me?

parking on the street is instigating something, so you push a guy down and throw two bricks at his car, and say it might be bullets next time?

c'mon man....

it's not like the cops took away the contractor after looking over the situation.

5 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

are you kidding me?

parking on the street is instigating something, so you push a guy down and throw two bricks at his car, and say it might be bullets next time?

c'mon man....

it's not like the cops took away the contractor after looking over the situation.

There's different versions of events, in one the contractors are invading privacy and likely being obnoxious.  I don't know what happened.

Either way, I don't know what you feel the need to post about it for in a Saints forum.

Idiots will be idiots... period! We live in a "social media" world where "if it's on the internet, it must be true". Sad but true. Everyone seeking their 15 minutes or compensation for something. If your in the limelight... you're a target. If you have money... you're a target. If you look or act different... you're a target. We are all human, there are far more decent people out there than "bad seeds". News and social media exploit the indifferences and moments of weakness for their own gain. It is sad!

Let the authorities handle it, then post the result (if you wish).

Ok so, just read the article. Poor way to handle the situation by MT. The fact the dude started recording, though, is indicative to my points above. 

Edited by jcvoodoo