A 2024 OFF-SEASON PROJECTION (POST NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME)

Karnage84

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

That's wild. I know for the CFL that they have these open tryouts but I never would have guessed that a guy who played 1 year for basically an arena league team... and 1 year in the CFL... absolutely wild. 

He seems like a draftable talent.  Shrine Bowl reports on him were decent.

18 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

He seems like a draftable talent.  Shrine Bowl reports on him were decent.

That's a huge jump.... going from sitting on the couch to the NFL in 3 years. That sounds a lot like a UDFA who's going to get a decent offer from a team unless he absolutely blows things away during pro days. Could even be a combine invite. 

9 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

That's a huge jump.... going from sitting on the couch to the NFL in 3 years. That sounds a lot like a UDFA who's going to get a decent offer from a team unless he absolutely blows things away during pro days. Could even be a combine invite. 

Believe it or not, I saw him in the 7th round of at least one draft projection already.  His route to being drafted might be highly unusual.  He weighed in at 5'11 and 203 Lbs at the Shrine Bowl.  He has a solid build.  He was rookie of the year and and all star in the CFL despite his lack of experience.  Check out this quote from his coach from the Bleacher Report article:

"I'll say it like this, if he goes through a true pro day and he can get into some of these all-star games, he'd easily be a third- or fourth-round pick,'' Argonauts defensive backs coach Josh Bell told Denver 9News' Mike Klis. "I say easy on the back end because the NFL is always skeptical. They're probably thinking fourth to seventh round. I'm telling you this kid has the explosion, he has the ability, he just needs to continue to work his technique. His athleticism is incredible."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10106556-2024-nfl-draft-prospects-with-most-to-gain-at-senior-and-shrine-bowls

https://theathletic.com/5243973/2024/02/02/nfl-draft-2024-shrine-bowl-prospects/

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/01/shrine-bowl-interview-qwantez-stiggers-is-already-making-history-at-the-shrine-bowl-but-hes-more-than-just-a-good-storyshrine-bowl-interview-qwantez-stiggers-is-already-making-history-at-the-shrine/

23 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I am curious about his measurables though.  Particularly his arm length.  

13 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Would you guys run it back with the same WR group?

I am kind of torn on that question.  With the exception of the two drops late in the NFC championship game, Josh Reynolds had a very good year.  However, with Jameson Williams primed for an expanded role and Antoine Green waiting in the wings, changes are likely.  I could see them using a 3rd pick or later on a high-upside prospect.  That would probably be less expensive then retaining Josh Reynolds.

1 hour ago, General Tso said:

No. I'd like a better third receiver. Reynolds is fine but isn't going to break open a game for you. Same for Raymond. I'm fine with bringing them back for depth, but counting on them to step up if someone gets hurt is not ideal. Even Jamo has a long way to go - the team just always seems like a ARSB injury away from having some serious struggles to me. 

I'd prefer more of a traditional X receiver if we can get one. That way you can move ARSB and Jamo all over the field. Those guys don't necessarily come cheap, but a bigger-bodied guy would be nice for the offense.

In a deep WR draft class you can probably find a decent receiver in round three or so? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, General Tso said:

No, I wouldn't. 

I would like to see us upgrade the WR2/WR3 position and create a truly lethal offense. If St. Brown goes down, we really feel like we'd be exposed... even with LaPorta and Jamo in the mix. If we can add a true X WR on the opposite side, it's going to be a "pick your poison" kind of attack... St. Brown in the middle, Jamo deep, LaPorta as a big body. If you get a dude on the other side, it's going to open up so many more opportunities for 1-on-1. This doesn't even factor in Gibbs and/or Montgomery as receiving options. Anything that can stretch a defense, I'm in favour of. 

53 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Antoine Green

I like Green but he hasn't proven anything at this point. If he can force his way on the roster as WR4 or WR5, then cool. 

Raymond is most likely back based on his cap hit ($6M dead cap; - $2M in savings)

1 - St. Brown

2 - Jamo

3 - TBD

4 - TBD

5 - Raymond

6 - TBD

or

LWR - Jamo, TBD

SWR - St. Brown, Raymond

RWR - TBD, TBD

In the mix:

• Josh Reynolds
  • Antoine Green
  • Donovan Peoples-Jones
  • Maurice Alexander (FUT)
  • Tom Kennedy(FUT)
  • Daurice Fountain(FUT)
  • Tre'Quan Smith(FUT) - 6'2, 210 lbs

NAME SCHOOL SHRINE SENIOR RDEF ZONE BLL PLY%   AVG
Terrion Arnold Alabama     1 7 9   5.67
Quinyon Mitchell Toledo   1 14 2 5   7.00
Charles Woods SMU     12 14 2   9.33
Tyrek Funderburk Appalachian State     7 16 7   10.00
Khyree Jackson Oregon   1 11 20 3   11.33
Jarvis Brownlee Louisville     15 15 16   15.33

Just now, Karnage84 said:
NAME SCHOOL SHRINE SENIOR RDEF ZONE BLL PLY%   AVG
Terrion Arnold Alabama     1 7 9   5.67
Quinyon Mitchell Toledo   1 14 2 5   7.00
Charles Woods SMU     12 14 2   9.33
Tyrek Funderburk Appalachian State     7 16 7   10.00
Khyree Jackson Oregon   1 11 20 3   11.33
Jarvis Brownlee Louisville     15 15 16   15.33

I've organized the top 15-20 CB's and then filtered through a few metrics:

Size: 5'10, 180 lbs+ (Anyone under these was just automatically removed)

Run Defense: Top 15 or so

Zone Score: Top 20 or so

Ball Pay % (INT + PBU/Coverage Snaps)

This grouping is the 6 guys who hit on all three of those metrics. Organized as average position out of these categories. Arnold comes out at #1 while Mitchell is a close second. 

2 hours ago, General Tso said:

Jamo will be given the opportunity to be the 2. There aren't enough resources to go after 2 receivers.

If you want a Reynolds replacement, sure go for it somehow.

Jamo is not a #2. Maybe after one more season but he's a good situational player