2023 GDT Week #10 Steelers 5-3 host the 3-5 Packers

Steeler Hitman

6 minutes ago, 43M said:

Draft is largely a crapshoot,  though.

People said similar things back when we passed on Lamar Jackson years ago.

Again, not saying we should reach or force a pick, but Im all for replacing Kenny if the opportunity presents itself.    Im certainly aware we have other needs, but Kenny is just as much of an issue with this offense as Canada is.

Just a personal thing, but I hate the whole "draft is a crapshoot" reasoning from both sides of people who talk about the draft.

Well, like I said that opportunity has to be that a QB is the top guy on the board.  I would not skip anyone higher rated at any position other than maybe OLB/EDGE to take a QB right now because that's how much I think we need help across the team.

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Very much agreed, and a big part frustrating me is so much of the "what's wrong" conversation is only involving QB/OC and it's going back and forth like a hot potato.  

You sure love your strawmen.   

Literally no one is saying they are the only issue.    Everyone is very aware we still have numerous other issues up and down the roster, on both sides of the ball.

But that argument still doesn't dismiss that those two are, very arguable, the BIGGEST issues with the offense.    

1 minute ago, 43M said:

You sure love your strawmen.   

Literally no one is saying they are the only issue.    Everyone is very aware we still have numerous other issues up and down the roster, on both sides of the ball.

But that argument still doesn't dismiss that those two are, very arguable, the BIGGEST issues with the offense.    

And when have I denied that?  I mean, what you did is exactly what's frustrating.  "Yea there's other issues but these two".  Like I'm sorry, it's tiring talking about the same crap over and over where no one freaking disagrees.

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Just a personal thing, but I hate the whole "draft is a crapshoot" reasoning from both sides of people who talk about the draft.

Hate it all you want.

Doesn't mske it less true.

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Well, like I said that opportunity has to be that a QB is the top guy on the board.  I would not skip anyone higher rated at any position other than maybe OLB/EDGE to take a QB right now because that's how much I think we need help across the team.

Fair enough, but again, higher by whose board?

What if the Steelers  take  QB who is very high on THEIR draft board?