2024 CFB Talk/Draft Prospects: Draft who we want or the world will end.

DreamKid

Jalen Green is one of the most obvious Ravens' prospects I've ever seen. He's a small school EDGE that was chasing Suggs' sack record and had his season ended due to a knee injury. We've drafted countless smaller school stat stackers, plenty of prospects coming off injury, and to top it all off he's from Baltimore. Jalen is definitely a name to watch for us this draft cycle. Solid Day 3 bet imo. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have no idea if he will declare or not but one of the weaknesses of our WR core has been a big play threat with size and body control.

Obviously Rome Odunze was one of my favorite WRs in the class last year prior to him returning, however along a similar note, Brian Thomas Jr from LSU seems like a guy that IFFF he declares, and in this landscape of NIL I don’t think that he should, I think he would be well worth the 2nd day investment. I see possible pro bowl level talent and size once he reaches his potential.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

I’ve heard good things about this OT class, I’ve kept my attention mostly away from the top 3 names as I’m sure we’ll have no shot at names like Joe Alt, O Fashanu, and JC Latham.

However in the tier below that I’ve been impressed with what I’ve seen from LT, Kingsley Suamataia (#78). Looks to be pretty physical, athletic, and not bad in recognition.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

One of my concerns with this squad moving forward at the WR spot is size, speed, and physicality at the catch point.

While he hasn’t shown the same insane elite abilities as former HOF son Marvin Harrison Jr, the son of the GOAT receiver, Brenden Rice is someone that I think plays like a Raven.

I think he plays well in off-script offense as he’s consistently made plays for Caleb Williams in such scenarios. I noticed him high pointing numerous passes. And he’s shown to be a redzone threat.

His production won’t likely see him go on either Day 1 or 2 of the draft, but Rice would make a great addition to our receiving core. He IMO seems to play like a Raven and has some elite athletic ability.

What I don’t like about him is his run instincts, seems like he doesn’t have a natural feel for that area. Yet as a developmental WR, that has some useful traits that could pop early, I like what I see.

• 3 weeks later...

The Ravens are pushing for the playoffs, but the early needs that could open up for this team could be

a) DT
- We likely lose Madubuike but still have under contract Pierce, Washington, and Travis Jones.

b) RB
- Keaton Mitchell may or may not make it back in time. Gus Edwards is losing burst and probably doesn’t make sense to resign at the cost. JKD is a free agent. Justice Hill is the only one remaining and healthy. Might be a good idea to resign JKD to a quality deal while his value is low.

c) RG/OT
- Kevin Zeitler is in the last year of his deal, is going to be 34 years old next season.
- Morgan Moses will be 33 years old with one year remaining on his deal.

If the team realizes its ultimate goal, might both Zeitler and Moses decide to ride off into the sunset?

d) WR
- We know Zay Flowers is a real “soldier” but Bateman doesn’t appear to be anything more than a complimentary option. OBJ’s leadership within the offense has been great but it’s unlikely we resign him. Aghalor could get resigned. But even then the unit could use another addition, but only someone that represents elite potential and impact.

Enter Xavier Legette. I doubt he falls to our selection after he crushes the senior bowl and burns a 4.2 forty at the combine at 6’3” 230 lbs, however this guy reminds me of Terrell Owens and Andre Johnson.

I wanted Christian Watson for Lamar because of the speed, size, and athleticism… Legette would be an opportunity to right that ship. WR in the first round might be a bit of a luxury, but he’s the perfect fit to what our offense is lacking… an explosive WR that can take the top off the defense and open things up for Flowers, Likely, and Andrews underneath… yet has the kind of speed that will be nearly impossible for Lamar to overthrow. Someone that can be physical at the catch point to make Lamar right more often than not, that can impose their will on defensive secondaries, be a committed run blocker… and satisfy Harbaugh by being a great special teams option in a pinch.

8 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Going into next year, is Bateman still going to be on the roster? OBJ will likely not be, and beyond those 2 we have absolutely nothing at WR for Lamar. I wonder how high WR is on the needs.

Bateman still has his year 4 next season, but yeah OBJ and Aghalor will both be UFA. I think the smart move would be to resign Aghalor for another value deal. OBJ likely would be too expensive unless he’s willing to accept a value type deal.

So with that in mind, you’re looking at Flowers, Bateman, Wallace as your legit 3. WR should absolutely be a need heading into the offseason. Even if we add Aghalor with that crew, we’d be fools to not add another talent to that to overwhelm the position.

9 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

IMO our top needs going into next year without FA already having played out should be:

OT

RB

PASS RUSHER

CB

DL

I think WR is an obvious need considering the depth chart for the position next season. Especially when we consider how Bateman and Wallace haven’t historically been the most durable options to depend on.

CB is a sneaky spot where without our pass rush being at this level guys might get exposed and the value at the end of round 1 has historically aligned with the good CB options still sometimes being there late in round 1, so I definitely agree there. Especially once we consider we’re going to likely lose these veteran additions.

Edge I think is a group that we need to address with veterans. We’ve already got the “young” guys in Oweh, Ojabo, and Malik Hamm. We’ve got a veteran pipeline we’ve done well with the last few years. This spot makes the most sense where we could probably see a value veteran signing with great production, if the young guys don’t develop/deliver. Clowney would make sense as a resign option as well.

DL is looking awfully barren with Madubuike, Pierce, and Brent Urban all as UFAs. Definitely a day 2 need, might even make sense to double dip on talent after adding some veteran options back into the fold. Pierce and Urban would make plenty of sense to resign, both have shown to be more valuable here than elsewhere.

OT is either not a need considering the depth with Mekari and Faalele plus Moses and Stanley. Or if the team moves Stanley before his roster bonus kicks in then it would arguably be our top need as it could presumably only be addressed a 1st or 2nd round pick.

RB will be interesting. The team going after Henry definitely might mean we could see us targeting a RB, though as we’ve seen with Hill, Gus, and Mitchell, we’ve been able to get guys that produce with Lamar so while it’s a need, perhaps it’s not anything beyond a day 3 need.

Overall I agree with the list of needs minus the WR position that I think could be a top 3 need. I’d probably go:

1. Day 1 needs: CB, WR, OT
2. Day 2 needs: DL, CB, Edge?
3. Day 3 needs: RB, DL, CB

• Like 1

I was trying to avoid getting into the draft at this point, but the more I read about him and the more I watch, the more I start salivating at the thought of adding Johnny Wilson to this offense. The way this man high points the ball, my goodness....

2 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I was trying to avoid getting into the draft at this point, but the more I read about him and the more I watch, the more I start salivating at the thought of adding Johnny Wilson to this offense. The way this man high points the ball, my goodness....

I like Wilson as well, my only issue is he sort me reminds me a little of Darren Waller coming out, he’s probably going to convert to being basically a receiving TE.

Though I do want us to get Lamar more size. Not sure how Wilson would pair with our three TEs.

On a related note. Xavier Legette is my Nick Chubb man crush of this draft cycle I think.

I think he’d fit into the Nelson Aghalor role quite smoothly and has the additional size and speed to potentially upgrade that level of play further. Just reminds me too much of guys like Andre and TO. Granted he probably rises post combine and goes top 20 but as it stands, if he’s there, regardless of the team needs that’s the direction I’m probably going in with our first pick.