2024 CFB Talk/Draft Prospects: Draft who we want or the world will end.

DreamKid

13 hours ago, DreamKid said:

^^^ From an analytics perspective the above are the most dangerous options out of the top WR group.

Thomas will be gone before we pick. Legette scares me the most- why did it take 5 years for a 6'3 220+ sub 4.4 WR to get an opportunity...... Yet, damn would it be amazing to have him on the field if he works out. AD Mitchell is most likely the one better than his production profile suggests, smooth separator that would fit right in our offense Day 1.  Keon is limited, but also super young so as you mentioned the right scheme and coach could make something out of him.

Troy Franklin Round 1 or Roman Wilson Round 2 would be the smart play for us-

Yeah the only thing that scares me with Brian Thomas Jr was his hands. They seemed to be a little inconsistent. Not sure what they will look like when stressed by NFL physicality. You hope he’s not Stephen Hill. But his potential is astounding and some of the greatest I’ve seen.

He very well could be a Julio/Andre type with development and mentality. I truly hope, with the way the Steelers develop WRs, that he doesn’t end up with their organization.

I like Franklin and think he can be really good, though I’m unsure of his fit with Lamar’s QB style and what type of offense we might be looking to run. But Wilson needs to be our target in the 2nd round. We should actively be looking to trade up for him. I don’t see the hype with McConkey, but I get it with Wilson.

Also if we have to settle, Xavier Worthy still needs to develop more nuance to realize his potential, but if he does (and he’s still very young), then he will be absolutely scary.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I don’t see the hype with McConkey, 

Here's some notes I saw and saved on him thus far, pretty encouraging when you throw in his athletic testing and familiarity with Monken-

• Like 1

Could see UCLA EDGE Laiatu Latu being in play for the Ravens at 30. Turns 24 in Dec and there are some medical flags on him, factors that could help him fall to our pick. Ravens have already met with him and if no starting caliber EDGE is brought in through FA it probably increases the chances of us picking him.

A name to watch.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Could see UCLA EDGE Laiatu Latu being in play for the Ravens at 30. Turns 24 in Dec and there are some medical flags on him, factors that could help him fall to our pick. Ravens have already met with him and if no starting caliber EDGE is brought in through FA it probably increases the chances of us picking him.

A name to watch.

I was honestly getting a similar feeling, that maybe he might be someone in play to make a small trade up for.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can’t help but hope that if Brian Thomas Jr falls to around pick 19 or beyond that the Ravens really consider moving up for him.

It would be an ask to have them give up our 2nd round pick in exchange for the Rams 5th, especially considering the depth at the WR position and the bust rate of WRs in the draft… however, maybe the Rams would be okay with moving down for a bit less. Or maybe including their 3rd round pick.

Definitely if he gets to pick 22 with the Eagles who could still address their CB need at pick 30, we should be VERY willing to move up for Thomas Jr for our 1 and 3 for their their 1 and 5.

I was pounding the table for Christian Watson back in 2022? You typically don’t see a talent like this outside of the draft’s top 10 often and if it happens, we should pounce. Especially considering his productivity. He already has an elite one trick. Zay would be to BTJ as Nabers was within that LSU offense. This offense lacks a deep threat and a tall go up and get it type… Thomas Jr could help within both areas, even if he isn’t as physical as you’d hope with his size.

He’s not quite freakishly Moss like in his agility for his size, but there’s a lot to love… and he did it against elite competition.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I can’t help but hope that if Brian Thomas Jr falls to around pick 19 or beyond that the Ravens really consider moving up for him.

I think there's a stronger chance than usual that the Ravens will make a trade up for a player at OT, WR, CB, or even EDGE. Decosta mentioned not liking some of the talent deeper in the draft compared to recent years, and we'll be within striking distance of Day 1 impact players. 

• Like 1

2024 NFL MOCK DRAFT V1

30. Adonai Mitchell, WR Texas
*TRADE DOWN*
76. Kiran Amegadjie, OT Yale
93. T'Vondre Sweat, DT Texas
113. Blake Fisher, OT Notre Dame
121. Jarrian Jones, CB Florida State
165. Jaylon Carlies, S Missouri
218. Edefuan Ulofoshio, LB Washington
228. DeCamerion Richardson, CB Mississippi State
250. Logan Lee, DT lowa
2025 DEN 3rd

https://www.profootballnetwork.com

• Like 1

Who's the one guy you're hoping we don't take in round 1?

Mine is Chop Robinson. I just really don't want to do the physically gifted without a lot of production edge rusher from Penn St thing again. Plus I just don't like him because he's a Maryland kid who committed to Maryland and then transferred out to go to Penn St the following year.

Just finished up on a mock draft on here.

Would you be happy with something like this or does it suck??

1- Tyler Guyton OT Oklahoma 

2- Blake Fisher OT Notre Dame 

3- Devontez Walker WR North Carolina 

4- Austin Booker EDGE Kansas 

4- Elijah Jones CB Boston College 

6- Marist Liufau LB Notre Dame 

7- Myles Harden CB South Dakota 

7- Jordan Jefferson DT LSU 

21 hours ago, DTMW78 said:

Just finished up on a mock draft on here.

Would you be happy with something like this or does it suck??

1- Tyler Guyton OT Oklahoma 

2- Blake Fisher OT Notre Dame 

3- Devontez Walker WR North Carolina 

4- Austin Booker EDGE Kansas 

4- Elijah Jones CB Boston College 

6- Marist Liufau LB Notre Dame 

7- Myles Harden CB South Dakota 

7- Jordan Jefferson DT LSU 

Suck? Not really, but going OL vs WR in the second round feels problematic, especially for Fisher who feels like he might fall to the 3rd round pick anyway.

I don’t know what WRs were on the board in the second, but if any host of Worthy, Legette, Wilson, Franklin, or Corley were available in round 2 I’d prefer going WR sooner than later.

On 4/14/2024 at 1:16 PM, Ray Reed said:

Mine is Chop Robinson. I just really don't want to do the physically gifted without a lot of production edge rusher from Penn St thing again. Plus I just don't like him because he's a Maryland kid who committed to Maryland and then transferred out to go to Penn St the following year.

Chop Robinson is probably a good name. We already have 3 projects at EDGE in Oweh, Ojabo, and Tavius who are all in various stages of development. I wouldn't be all that excited to take on another one.

It's a rare draft though where I don't have too many 1st Round names I'd want us to absolutely stay away from. Most players with stock in range of or above our pick at CB, WR, OL and even minor need spots like EDGE, DI, S etc look like they could be solid contributors. 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2024 at 4:16 PM, Ray Reed said:

I’m also against Chop Robinson. Also Jordan Morgan. 

However for similar reasons with Morgan, Tyler Guyton also is beginning to be a bit of a potential disappointment pick.

Jordan Morgan is an average size tackle with small arms that doesn’t play particularly physical in the run game, but does well in pass protection. We have that in Patrick Mekari already and I truly don’t see Morgan as much, if any amount of an upgrade. Also Morgan to me is most exclusively a LT only guy. Factor in that he’s 22 and will be 23 for this NFL season and I can’t help but feel like he’d be a huge downgrade in comparison to what we could get with most any of the WR prospects.

Tyler Guyton is actually pretty beastly and I’ve been a fan of him as a “safe” selection until recently. The only reason I have him listed is because if the choice is between him (nearly 23) and freshly turned 21 year old Kingsley Suamataia… and the play on tape isn’t far superior and he’s got less versatility playing only RT… and it’s a clear choice. If we go OT late in round one, I think it makes the most sense to draft the cousin of Penei Sewell who had he stayed in school one more year, could’ve potentially been a top 10 OT type player. Getting him at the end of round 1 seems like it could be both a high floor and high ceiling maneuver moving forward.

So Guyton isn’t any less safe, however Kingsley just has too much potential and NFL bloodlines to pass him up IMO.

• Like 1