ILB Leonard

3rivers

2 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Steelers better put in a waiver claim. Teams have priority before them but I'd get him. He's due 6 million this year but we can fix that salary cap next season. He had a nerve injury that had to be fixed and lost playing time. Supposedly healthy now.

could you detail how the waiver claim works and how we would end up being the ones to land him? Leonard and Roberts + Martinez might solve ILB once and for all for a while. Kwon was good too, so it shows that vets are available and capable.   bush is a vet, but useless and better not return if he gets released

2 hours ago, 3rivers said:

could you detail how the waiver claim works and how we would end up being the ones to land him? Leonard and Roberts + Martinez might solve ILB once and for all for a while. Kwon was good too, so it shows that vets are available and capable.   bush is a vet, but useless and better not return if he gets released

This site hates me. It's hard to post anything. Here's how the waiver process works:

When a player is waived, it means that their contract is not yet terminated, but rather that they are on a “waiver wire” that makes them available to be “claimed” by other teams. If another team claims the player, then he joins that team with the same conditions of his current contract.

The worst team in the league from last season is therefore able to put in a claim first, followed by the second-worst, and so on.

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Judging by what Colts fans are saying, he's done.

He had multiple back surgeries (2) for a nerve that was hurting his foot last November. He was slow getting back on the field and the team played their younger cheaper players who started thriving. Of course the physical must be passed but the potential to return would be incredible IF he's fully healthy.

• Like 1

Signing Leonard would be like the Colts hiring Canada to be the OC.

Maybe a change of scenery will do him good, but I think the injuries and subsequent surgeries have just taken too much from him.  He was never great and anticipating the action in front of him. He just had incredible instincts, unbelievable short-area quickness and fast twitch muscles to take advantage.  But he has lost that quickness and has lost his fast twitch muscle reaction.  So now he's just a slow LB who cannot anticipate what the offense is going to do.

2 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

why is it hard for you to post? Does that mean we might not get your mock drafts in the spring?

I have no idea. I click and can read but wasn't able to chat or creat posts. It's working now and I have a new mock that I was thinking of today. Some may hate it tho lol

Just now, jebrick said:

He is injured  and it slows him down.  He was going to be a backup for the rest of the year and was not happy.  Steelers do not have much of a choice IMHO.

but if he must start, then what? If he is too slow, thats a problem and if he doesn't want to share time that also is, might be Ingram.2 .  

Roberts and Martinez  should be solving tackling and run game.  Leonard  might be too much of a risk if he lost too much from the operations