Week 12 Thread: The Turkey Bowl with Dallas and we're the stuffing. GIF THEME: John Madden 4:30 PM / Thanksgiving

MikeT14

On 11/24/2023 at 12:32 AM, lavar703 said:

I’m shutting this off. I hate this team 

How is it you can feel so much hate for a team you love? I feel exactly the same way, I'm so frustrated I would kick the cat .... if I had one, good job I don't. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Riggo has been so right about this franchise/team for 25 years plus.

I actually met Riggo when he came to the UK to do a few seminars in the late 80's, he is one of the main reasons I'm a Redskins fan, those were the days. 😭

• Like 2

21 hours ago, butz65 said:

I honestly wouldn't keep one player from this D. 

If you look at contracts, age and production of players, tell me anyone outside of Howell, Terry and Payne that could be considered “core” players for this team in 3 years.  

If they extend Curl, maybe, but I think Allen is gone before that timeframe and I just don’t see anyone else at that level.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If you look at contracts, age and production of players, tell me anyone outside of Howell, Terry and Payne that could be considered “core” players for this team in 3 years.  

If they extend Curl, maybe, but I think Allen is gone before that timeframe and I just don’t see anyone else at that level.  

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47qugdhx8hwq8sfxom6h

4 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I’d definitely have Curl in that core. Curl is the reason why TEs don't go off on us the way they used to. Curl covers TEs & does a great job at it.

I agree that with Allen’s age he could be moved bc he's going to be 29 in January but, he's stated over and over again that he wants to stay here because it's his home so, I guess we'll see what happens.

It’s hard to predict where some of the young guys will be with another year or two of development. Maybe Jamin, Dotson, Mathis, Forbes, Stromberg, Cole Turner, BRob, Chris Rodriguez, Cosmi, Stromberg, Forrest, Martin, Henry & Andre Jones don't develop into core players but there's a chance that some of them do become core players too.