Week 12 GDT Texans vs Jags (For the AFC South Lead)

lumberjackchris

I don’t mind the decision to kick. I think it really was a toss up. If it was 4th and 6, I don’t think they kick. Even 4th and 8 I bet they let Stroud try to convert it and same if it was 4 or 6 yards to go more, they wouldn’t have been able to entertain kicking it. 12 yards was really just enough make you think about it.  They were just in no man’s land. I think at that point you have to trust what Ross is telling DeMeco and how Amendola feels and it almost worked. Also, Stroud took a hit on 3rd down after running around and has already been sacked twice earlier on the drive, with the last one almost being a horse collar maybe you think Stroud is a winded. 

A potential quibble I have with the decision is whether or not they called the 3rd down play knowing that they weren’t going for it on 4th with an incompletion. Because if Stroud knew they weren’t in 4 down territory with 12 to go, I bet he looks to go somewhere else on 3rd down. He was clearly looking for something to develop down field and bought a ton of time, so I wonder if he processes the play differently had he known. 

• Like 1