Week 12 GDT Texans vs Jags (For the AFC South Lead)

lumberjackchris

1 minute ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Not when you have 1 left. 

So instead you lose 30 seconds with everyone having to run back and asking Stroud to make a play after getting hit.

your have been so unnecessarilly harsh on the coaching in this game. They didn't do anything wrong. The players failed to make plays

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Drained said:

FG choice was the right one, literally an inch away from being in.

Best kick we could have asked for from the backup and it was still no good.

I'd rather trust in Stroud to make a play to get a new set of downs than literally a hope and a prayer to tie it at best.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mse326 said:

So instead you lose 30 seconds with everyone having to run back and asking Stroud to make a play after getting hit.

your have been so unnecessarilly harsh on the coaching in this game. They didn't do anything wrong. The players failed to make plays

They tried a long developing play at 4th and 1. They may have not been as bad as he is proposing but they definitely got outcoached.

Just now, Drained said:

They tried a long developing play at 4th and 1. They may have not been as bad as he is proposing but they definitely got outcoached.

We don't know exactly what the play call was, but even if that was the playcall you can't ignore that Schultz had the step and Stroud missed him. The opportunity was there for the players and they didn't execute

• Like 2

Coaching was an issue.

We burned a time out early in the 3rd quarter. That’s coaching. 

we have 12 guys on the field for a punt and burn a time out. That’s coaching  

we put a back up kicker out there to kick a career long that he’s not even been close to making after he already missed a shorter one. That’s coaching  

I could go on and on but let’s not make our coaching staff into some kind of idol like they aren’t rookies themselves. 

I am not calling for them to be fired or anything dumb, I am frustrated by the mistakes they are making.  

26 minutes ago, Longhorns90 said:

I do not like this FG decision

Neither did I. Had it been Ka'imi, maybe. But with Stroud, you take the chance to gain 12.

When you have a QB of this ilk, you put the game on his shoulders. It's either a successful attempt or a lesson learned.

• Like 1