Week 11 thoughts

Mid Iowa

I know we didn't play week 11, thank God. I just thought I'd throw some thoughts from what I saw around the league, and how it may pertain to some Saints ball.

First off, 2 OC's have been fired. Ken Dorsey (Bills) and Matt Canada (Steelers). Both teams at 6-5, 6-4 respectively. Their seasons are far from over, yet they have the balz to make moves like this. Perhaps Loomis/Allen could go to page 76 of the "Now what" manual and figure out how to follow suit to get rid of Carmichael.

Teams that aren't ours:
Bengals...ouch. They're done.
The Cowboys are officially scary again. Their offense is clicking, and their D is making them look mean.
The Browns are legit, in my opinion. Clearly defensively driven, but their becoming fun. Maybe it's the mid-field troll thingy.
The Texans - I'm super impressed with CJ Stroud and his production as a rookie. I'm not sure what they put in his Wheaties, but it's working.
Florida finally has a few productive NFL Teams. 
Sean Payton is turning things around in Denver after a super crappy start to the season.
I hate the Eagles.
The Chiefs fans couldn't even catch a towel from Mahomes. Their receivers really let the Chiefs down. That game was very winnable for them, alas, their receivers suck worse than ours.

And finally, Brock F'ing Purdy. This kid... I know, I know, he's got killer weapons. Well, lots of teams do. That has nothing to do with his accuracy, poise, and continuous heads up play. For a guy to be the last pick, and now looking like a true SuperBowl contender, I'm impressed.

The AFC is strong, and I still think this is an NFC year. The Eagles and 49ers are the best 2 teams in the league. 

On 11/23/2023 at 7:21 PM, JMG5 said:

I watch other teams play and it reinforces the fact that we're a bad team. Can't wait to have some optimism about the future again like Houston or Miami.

I agree. When was the last time we saw our team come out fired up and play with enthusiasm?

Now I'm to the point where I want Loomis gone, too. Put Khai Harley in the GM position and let him clean house. The fact that we've been cap strapped for the last decade with very little to show for it should be a sign. Something's broken.

When you have a coach like Sean Payton who wants out so bad that he takes a full year off and after a "search" all you can come up with is to hire (a former lousy head coach) from within. Yikes. That just looks like laziness, lack of knowledge, or lack of vision to me. Then to pile on, you can't seem to cut bait when things are going the wrong direction...makes it worse.

Anyway, happy Sunday.

This weekend was horrible for me.  Buckeyes lose, then I start watching the Saints game late, first play that I see is Carr throwing a pick 6 and I turned off the game.

So Carr is the QB for next year at least then we can move on from him.  So who does everyone want to see as a potential 1st round QB.  I haven't watched him play but it sounds like Jayden Daniels is making a big move up boards.  Also if we don't fire DA and Carmichael first then drafting a QB won't make sense since they won't be the ones coaching the new QB.

We won’t be able to get Caleb Williams/Drake Maye, which leaves Jayden Daniels, Michael Pennix, Bo Nix, and JJ McCarthy as potential options to watch as the season winds down. I haven’t watched each of them close enough to make a super informed opinion of them, but initial impression, I gotta say Jayden Daniels a very intriguing option. 

19 hours ago, Raves said:

This weekend was horrible for me.  Buckeyes lose, then I start watching the Saints game late, first play that I see is Carr throwing a pick 6 and I turned off the game.

So Carr is the QB for next year at least then we can move on from him.  So who does everyone want to see as a potential 1st round QB.  I haven't watched him play but it sounds like Jayden Daniels is making a big move up boards.  Also if we don't fire DA and Carmichael first then drafting a QB won't make sense since they won't be the ones coaching the new QB.

I like this prospect a lot (Jayden Daniels), and here's why: He's a 4+ year starter, and every year his numbers improve. He plays tough opponents, and is getting better and better against them. And he's a big kid with the legs to be a dual threat.

Park him behind Carr for a year or 2 (like Reid did Mahomes, Rogers under Favre etc...) and then unleash the beast!

• Like 1