Week 12 Thoughts / GDT

JMG5

If Pete is not fired I am done watching for the rest of the season. I don't think it fixes our issues, but they have to make a change. If they don't then DA must have assurances about his job security and if that's the case I'm just done watching until he's fired.

14 hours ago, Kingram said:

We stink and we’re going to stink for quite some time. Buckle up guys, it’s going to get ugly

Going to? It's been ugly. But yeah, I get your point.

I really feel bad for some of the senior guys, like Cam, Demario, Tyrann etc... They're getting the short end of the "Let's not do anything" stick.

• Like 1

I wasn't really sure where to begin when responding to this post, but regardless, there ain't much good.

Please Dear Baby Jesus, or Santa, or whoever... please keep us out of the redzone. Nothing good happens there for us. Without looking it up, I'd venture to guess we're bottom 5 (or worse) in the redzone this season.

The Good:

Olave - The kid was ballin'! I hope he's not out long, but that was a really long drop right on the head.
Blake Grupe - 5 for 5 is a really good day. And they weren't chip shots.
Kamara was on his game. He did as well as the line allowed.

The Bad:
Pete Werner over pursues everything, and can't catch up if something goes by him. I didn't see much of anything positive from him this game.
Does Juan Johnson even care if he's playing? Because I don't care if he's playing. 

What is happening with our players, dropping like flies? I'm guessing there were 2-3 more injuries just trying to get to the bus.

Carr did...okay. That pick 6 was horrible, but other than that, most of the incompletions he had were dropped by receivers.

I am currently visiting family in the states. Really wanted to watch a Saints game and very please I opted not to go to this game. Let's see...

... the shorter list would be who doesn't suck.

DA is straight horse dookie. Pete is the beetle that is there because of the dookie. Carr becomes a moron inside the 20. I hope to God that there is a way to get out of Carr's contract (yea I know about the 100M gtd)

I bet the Lions get there biggest win (points wise) next week.

• Like 1

Things I think about when people say "where are you going to get a coach like (insert big name, like Payton, Reid, etc...)" or "there isn't anybody out there I'd want" etc...

The NFL is passing us by rather quickly, and it's sad to see who we could have gotten - if we'd have been appropriately searching - whether we're talking about coaches or players.

Rather than hiring Dennis Allen at HC, Mike McDaniel was available. So was DeMeco Ryans and Kevin O'Connell
Or I could say we could have had Jalen Hurts, Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love, Brock Purdy (if you believe in fate), or even Desmond Ridder (who just beat us). Alas, we grabbed Ian Book, toyed with Winston, Dalton, Bridgewater, and now Carr... all of whom suck.

There are so many alternatives to this crap we're dealing with right now.

• Like 1

It's sad to think that DA and crew will get a pass. They need to bring in a whole new staff sooner than later. Find some good college coach (Big Ten or SEC perhaps?) and roll with that. At least with that there's room to be optimistic about this team. Maybe start grooming Cam Jordan into coaching?

Either way...dismantle the current staff for  at the very least, a coach capable of teaching proper tackling techniques.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Things I think about when people say "where are you going to get a coach like (insert big name, like Payton, Reid, etc...)" or "there isn't anybody out there I'd want" etc...

The NFL is passing us by rather quickly, and it's sad to see who we could have gotten - if we'd have been appropriately searching - whether we're talking about coaches or players.

Rather than hiring Dennis Allen at HC, Mike McDaniel was available. So was DeMeco Ryans and Kevin O'Connell
Or I could say we could have had Jalen Hurts, Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love, Brock Purdy (if you believe in fate), or even Desmond Ridder (who just beat us). Alas, we grabbed Ian Book, toyed with Winston, Dalton, Bridgewater, and now Carr... all of whom suck.

There are so many alternatives to this crap we're dealing with right now.

Jalen Hurts I didn't have faith in so not too upset by that, wanted Jackson, didn't want Love, didn't know how Purdy was, and not even Atlanta fans want Ridder even though he's starting.  By that same token we could've had Sam Howell... just saying.

I was hoping for OC we could've gotten Joe Brady back here, but apparently, he just took over as OC for the Bills and did well.

For HC, I wouldn't mind trying to ****** Ryan Day from Ohio State if they decide to move on from him since he's struggled vs Michigan but beat everyone else which isn't as big of a problem in the NFL compared to CFB.  Granted they might also realize that with the CFP expanding to 12 teams even if he continues to lose to Michigan at the end of the season he'll still be able to make the CFP and have a chance at a Natty.  Also Day is really good at developing QBs, even McCord who's looked average at best is obviously performing better than he should've as Day didn't even want to name him as the starter but Brown just couldn't claim the job.

Outside of that could also look at maybe Kirby Smart if he'd be willing to leave Georgia.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raves said:

Jalen Hurts I didn't have faith in so not too upset by that, wanted Jackson, didn't want Love, didn't know how Purdy was, and not even Atlanta fans want Ridder even though he's starting.  By that same token we could've had Sam Howell... just saying.

I was hoping for OC we could've gotten Joe Brady back here, but apparently, he just took over as OC for the Bills and did well.

For HC, I wouldn't mind trying to ****** Ryan Day from Ohio State if they decide to move on from him since he's struggled vs Michigan but beat everyone else which isn't as big of a problem in the NFL compared to CFB.  Granted they might also realize that with the CFP expanding to 12 teams even if he continues to lose to Michigan at the end of the season he'll still be able to make the CFP and have a chance at a Natty.  Also Day is really good at developing QBs, even McCord who's looked average at best is obviously performing better than he should've as Day didn't even want to name him as the starter but Brown just couldn't claim the job.

Outside of that could also look at maybe Kirby Smart if he'd be willing to leave Georgia.

I like Ryan Day (I think) over Kirby Smart, for the sole reason that Day has NFL experience AND is an offensive minded guy with some defensive experience.

That said, Smart's record speaks for itself. He is a Saban guy, though. We know how that transitioned to the NFL, so I think I'd push for Day.

On 11/27/2023 at 3:35 PM, Mid Iowa said:

I wasn't really sure where to begin when responding to this post, but regardless, there ain't much good.

Please Dear Baby Jesus, or Santa, or whoever... please keep us out of the redzone. Nothing good happens there for us. Without looking it up, I'd venture to guess we're bottom 5 (or worse) in the redzone this season.

The Good:

Olave - The kid was ballin'! I hope he's not out long, but that was a really long drop right on the head.
Blake Grupe - 5 for 5 is a really good day. And they weren't chip shots.
Kamara was on his game. He did as well as the line allowed.

The Bad:
Pete Werner over pursues everything, and can't catch up if something goes by him. I didn't see much of anything positive from him this game.
Does Juan Johnson even care if he's playing? Because I don't care if he's playing. 

What is happening with our players, dropping like flies? I'm guessing there were 2-3 more injuries just trying to get to the bus.

Carr did...okay. That pick 6 was horrible, but other than that, most of the incompletions he had were dropped by receivers.

Derek Carr is 15 for 52 (28.8%) on passes from the 10 or closer in past 2 seasons