Week 13: San Francisco 49ers at Philadelphia Eagles

J-ALL-DAY

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So Steven Ruiz said the Niners have stopped ONE opposing team on short run situations this season.....And who are we playing  on Sunday? Just the best short run team of like all time lol. Wilks better get the defense to win on first and second downs. Call your best plays on early downs and don't give up anything easy. 

This is one of my biggest concerns in this game. I think that the eagles are just going to whip our *** up front in the run game and kill us on the ground. i think the defense is going to really, really struggle getting off the field because I think the Philadelphia may eat us alive on the ground. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

This is one of my biggest concerns in this game. I think that the eagles are just going to whip our *** up front in the run game and kill us on the ground. i think the defense is going to really, really struggle getting off the field because I think the Philadelphia may eat us alive on the ground. 

Philly has a weird run game.  They are great in 3rd and short, but mostly big play dependent overall.  I feel like the team will stop the run well, but still struggle to get off the field in 3rd and short and 4th and short situations.

Slowly scoring is only an advantage when you are more efficient then the other team.  I think this will come down to big plays and mistakes.  If we can get an advantage early, scoring slowly doesn't help them. 

The point spread doesn't make any sense, but one thing I have noticed about point spreads that don't make any damn sense, is they are usually right on the money.

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420
  • Like 1

The main importance of this game is whether we can get the 1 seed. If we win, we have a shot. If we lose, we likely get the 2 or 3. Extremely unlikely we slip down to 4 or a WC spot either way 

Regardless, this may just be game 1 of 2 in the series. Important but not the end all. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I'd rather just win the game lol 

Meh, I don't think winning or losing this game means much in the grand scheme of things.

Of course I always want us to be victorious but I think these two teams meet again, with the stakes being much higher.

What I do want to see, win or lose, is Purdy peforming at a high level, the defense making their fair share of plays while giving up no more than 24 points, and coming out of this match-up injury free.

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Will have to win the early downs and not give them short down situations. Putting them in an early deficit will help. 

Carter watched some film of the OL and he sees food lol. 

• Like 1

I solved the Tush Push!!

They basically carry Hurtz, so we need to carry a dude of our own.  We should have our Armstead, Kinlaw, and Hargrave picl up the Heaviest back up they can.  Start five yards back, then ram him into the center.  

If they convert 90ish percent of the time, just ramming a mass of humanity into their line way before the snap is also a first down, but we get to smash them really hard.  If we time it up, we might have a chance to stop them!

27 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

I solved the Tush Push!!

They basically carry Hurtz, so we need to carry a dude of our own.  We should have our Armstead, Kinlaw, and Hargrave picl up the Heaviest back up they can.  Start five yards back, then ram him into the center.  

If they convert 90ish percent of the time, just ramming a mass of humanity into their line way before the snap is also a first down, but we get to smash them really hard.  If we time it up, we might have a chance to stop them!

It's basically a rugby scrum so you have to combat it as they would in rugby....with a scrum of your own.

Only thing is there will eventually be some kind of action built off that formation for a quick toss or pass to take advantage of a team who tries to line up as such.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Meh, I don't think winning or losing this game means much in the grand scheme of things.

They lose this game and the 1 seed is 99% done for the niners. 

Win this game and they still have at least somewhat of a shot. 

A philadelphia or SF playoff game can be very meaningful (especially if Purdy doesn't handle adverse conditions well) and so can a bye. 

So yeah, I don't care how impressive they look, I'd rather just win the game. I know the niners can play with the best of them so now I'm just trying to set up advantages 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

It's basically a rugby scrum so you have to combat it as they would in rugby....with a scrum of your own.

Only thing is there will eventually be some kind of action built off that formation for a quick toss or pass to take advantage of a team who tries to line up as such.

Yeah, the rub is that the defense is not allowed to leverage or push one another, or chuck a corner over the line like they tossed Gimli over the bridge in LOTR.  

They can continue to smash the interior before the snap, hard, every time until the refs start throwing 15 yarders.  4th and goal, may as well keep smashing them before the snap and force the ref to call it and enforce it.  It is really dirty, but if you can't beat them, make them pay the highest possible price for it.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Forge said:

They lose this game and the 1 seed is 99% done for the niners. 

Win this game and they still have at least somewhat of a shot. 

A philadelphia or SF playoff game can be very meaningful (especially if Purdy doesn't handle adverse conditions well) and so can a bye. 

So yeah, I don't care how impressive they look, I'd rather just win the game. I know the niners can play with the best of them so now I'm just trying to set up advantages 

The #1 seed was out of play the moment Hurts scored in overtime last Sunday.

If we want to get back to the Super Bowl, we're going to have to go back to Philly...it is what it is.

Even if we win, pretty good chance Philly will still hold on to be the #1 seed. I don't see anyone left on their schedule for them to be that concern about. And I still maintain that it's a high probability we lose to either Philly or Baltimore. Wouldn't shock me if we lost to both tbh.

So like I said for me, this game comes down to how certain personnel and individual look on the road, in a playoff-like atmosphere.

This and the Ravens game are sort of like playoff dress rehearsals for me.

My main concern is going into the playoff healthy so when we do go up against stiffer comp, latter on in the season, my main concern is to escape injury free. We've done enough to ensure we're going to the dance. And that's all I need personally as a fan, is to know we have a shot to punch out own ticket.