Unable to post/comment on a wifi connected device

minutemancl

This is a very weird issue that's been going on for over a month now. At first, I thought my work computer just had some weird ad blocker functionality that was preventing me from commenting. When I'm signed in, I'm unable to access the block at the bottom of the page where a comment is typed out. Clicking in that box, or attempting to click quote on an existing comment, or clicking "reply to this topic" at the top of the page just has the browser scroll to the top of the page. That text field is not able to typed in. But it wasn't a huge deal, because I was able to comment from my phone.

However, I then realized that when my phone is connected to any wifi network- home, public, whatever- the same behavior is observed. If I turn off my phones wifi, switching to the mobile network, and refresh the page, I'm able to comment/post normally. The issue seems somehow linked to a wifi network? I've tried multiple web browsers on multiple devices as well, and the only consistent variable where I am unable to post is being connected to wifi. It is super strange, but it really sucks. It's only happening on this site as well. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

This could be the same issue that I have been having recently. Don't know why or how, but today is the first day I have been able to post in forever from my work computer

Same for me. I was good yesterday (Chrome)? But back to being no good today. Posting from FireFox. 

On 12/1/2023 at 12:28 PM, vike daddy said:

MANY members are having similar problems for the last month/couple of weeks.

I can post today, but have been shut out from doing so more so than being able to.

webby's on it, just can't track down the specific problem source.

Good to hear. It is insanely frustrating. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

This is starting up again on my end- cannot post on a wifi connected device. Anyone else starting to have this problem again?

I had it for a little while in Chrome yesterday, but no issue when I used Firefox. 

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

This is starting up again on my end- cannot post on a wifi connected device. Anyone else starting to have this problem again?

One poster in the Commanders forum had it, here was the response from Webby.  I know he’s tried to recreate it but hasn’t had success.  A PM with your specific browser and device could help. 

I’m sorry you’re having technical problems.  Unfortunately, these issues are very difficult to track down.   They are only occurring to some members and they come and go almost randomly.  The problem is there are so many variations that each member could be using and it's likely just an issue with a specific device type, or browser type, or wifi, or some combination.  

Here are few tips that have worked in the past.

1. Clear browser cache, cookies, and reboot your device.
  2. Try using a different device temporarily.
  3. Disable browser ad-ons.
  4. Log out and log back in
  5. Use a different browser
  6. Switch from WiFi to mobile data.

In the future,  if you have technical problems or issues please send me a PM or use the feedback forum.