Cardinals release TE Zach Ertz

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Also is Goedert? A reunion in Philly could be likely. 

He's back reportedly this week, more likely next.

Calcaterra is seemingly going to be out a bit..which I think could point more to him potentially coming back. Stoll is more of the blocker.

With Cunningham getting hurt at LB, Cox tweaking his groin and this... would be shocked if none of Leonard, Suh or Ertz get signed by next week.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

He's back reportedly this week, more likely next.

Calcaterra is seemingly going to be out a bit..which I think could point more to him potentially coming back. Stoll is more of the blocker.

With Cunningham getting hurt at LB, Cox tweaking his groin and this... would be shocked if none of Leonard, Suh or Ertz get signed by next week.

Yeah, I have to assume at least one of those players is an Eagle by next week. I'm assuming they have an offer extended to Leonard already and he just needs to decide where he wants to go. Ertz makes a lot of sense to bring in if he's available and assuming he has at least a little bit left in the tank. Suh, I'd be more surprised to see come back unless Cox were to miss an extended amount of time. They already traded away a vet in K. Street so I get the feeling they are comfortable with the depth there (Again, assuming Cox won't miss a meaningful amount of time). 

Would it be wild to suggest a reunion with Douglas Pederson in Jacksonville, in contravention of the obvious "back to Philly" speculation?

Jaguars could use another good receiving target on the cheap.  Especially a big one like Ertz.  Engram has become Lawrence's absolute favorite target, but there's probably still room to go around for another good TE if Ertz has anything left in the tank at all for a run.

52 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Would it be wild to suggest a reunion with Douglas Pederson in Jacksonville, in contravention of the obvious "back to Philly" speculation?

Jaguars could use another good receiving target on the cheap.  Especially a big one like Ertz.  Engram has become Lawrence's absolute favorite target, but there's probably still room to go around for another good TE if Ertz has anything left in the tank at all for a run.

Won't lie. Unless there's some Brian Dawkins lowball type offer from Howie,  not sure why Ertz doesn't come home. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Won't lie. Unless there's some Brian Dawkins lowball type offer from Howie,  not sure why Ertz doesn't come home. 

I would think Ertz would like to come back to Philly and try to get the 11+ receptions he needs to become the all-time franchise record. I don't think money will be an issue. I doubt he is looking to get a big contract at this point in the season and while already collecting a check from Arizona. I would like to think if the Eagles are interested then that's where he will go.

• Like 1