The bad, the ugly, the locked thread

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

9 hours ago, RaisinBran said:

There is a lot of down talk on Carr here. I think we can all agree that he may not be the 125 million dollar man but he's a damn good QB and we should be thankful that we have him. We are no longer a revolving door at the QB position. 

We have the highest paid OL in the league because they are getting paid for how they played last year, not this year. Our OL has been very average this year, and as a result so has the offense. Of course the playcalling seems very plain... I'm seeing less and less of those quick throws on 1st downs that we were so good at last year, and when we do try them they seem to be ineffective. We just aren't very good at adapting and evolving. Let's get a real OC to help lead this offense. It's too bad our offense isn't where it was at last year because it seems like anyone can win the Super Bowl this year. With Wentz out there doesn't seem to be one team that is above and beyond everyone else.

Actually the oline is playing better at pass blocking this year than last year, its the run blocking thats gone down probably because of the switch to zone.

Thats accurate, the team continues to do the things that worked last year instead of things that are working now.

3 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Actually the oline is playing better at pass blocking this year than last year, its the run blocking thats gone down probably because of the switch to zone.

Thats accurate, the team continues to do the things that worked last year instead of things that are working now.

How is this still going? One poster here with no knowledge posts this and people keep running with it. They are not running a zone blocking scheme. They've got some designed zone runs for Lynch, but 97% power blocking.

4 hours ago, Chali21 said:

I do not know which variables are used to figure this out but my eye balls are telling a very different story.  I know part of the problem is Carr but the pocket seems to collapse in on him every time he does not get rid of the ball after 3-4 seconds.  I could be wrong since I have no data to back it up.

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

How is this still going? One poster here with no knowledge posts this and people keep running with it. They are not running a zone blocking scheme. They've got some designed zone runs for Lynch, but 97% power blocking.

The team has run far more outside zone than last year. The main difference in play calling — specifically over the last few weeks — has been the lack of inside zone plays. I believe the change comes with the style of runner the team has with Lynch. Lynch likes build momentum, put his foot in the ground, and either head up field or cut back.

Archived