2023 Week #14 TNF Steelers 7-5 Host Patriots 2-10

Steeler Hitman

7 minutes ago, August4th said:

All the heat is going to fall on mike with Canada gone. I would not put it pass this fanbase to chant "fire Mike" during games if we're in a rough patch next yr

this year it's  "HEY ART - TRADE mike"

if he is still here next year,  the fans should demand refunds and boycott the games . 

but if they do show up, then you got it "fire tomlin" is what steeler fans have to look forward to next year

46 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Mike Tomlin = Swaggy Lovie Smith 

I said something similar, but Jeff Fisher.  

Like Jeff, Mike is IMO a "training wheels" coach.    He is a guy I think can help a struggling organization find some structure and stability, but he isnt that coach who is going to help put a team over the top....at least not without an extraordinary amount of help like he had when he first got here (stacked roster when he first got here, top 7 franchise QB in his mid 20s,  good OC, elite DC, top end owner, etc...).   

This team is becoming harder to stomach than the Pirates.

36 minutes ago, AFF said:

George Pickens route tree this game might be the most pathetic thing I’ve seen in quite some time.

probably the most talented yet most wasted player we have had that I can remember.  He should ask for a trade, stop wasting his time here.     

Just some random thoughts on the game:

- I’ve never seen a coach look as despondent as Tomlin this week. 

- Offensive playcalling still an issue. 

- Last week and this week should have been wins, but man, I think we’re seeing the true character of this team right now. 

- Defense really turned around in the second half and that’s one of the few bright spots. 

- The false start on Kuntz was god awful and the refs are rightfully getting ripped for it. 
Like, this is the same exact move:

https://x.com/pantherdann/status/1732978609067827210?s=46&t=xd5QJpZuXv2k7qD0xqd6aA

Not that it excuses the bad play, but this literally ended up costing us the game. 

- Let Trubisky start the rest of the year. This team need the infusion of having a high pick badly. 

9 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Honest question. Since Bens injury, how would you rate the overturn of the roster? 

Well, let's do a scale of 1-10. 

I'd give it a 2.

I think we have added talent in a couple of areas (individual talent). But overall I think things have either gotten worse or stayed the same.